Blue water divers snorkeling or on own?

mrsgthatsme

I was reading on Trip advisor and it looks like many people were saying that in order to experience really good snorkeling, it was necessary to go by boat with a tour group. My husband would like to snorkel but I would rather stay on the beach. Is it worth it for him to take a tour through blue divers tour group or would he be able to Find sufficiently good snorkeling on his own anywhere? If he does go snorkeling with the group, would I be safe to stay on the beach by myself for those three hours?

I would look at the pricing to see the difference.

If it's large I would book with the tour group rather than with the cruise line.

Just be sure you can get any deposit money back because once in a while ships can't get into Grand Turk if the weather is bad.

Keith

Edited by Keith1010

I suggest doing a tour. We went with White Sands tours and they were amazing. Showed us so much stuff. Made 3 stops and had chance to swim with the sting rays. Brent and Tony also dove for conch shells and got one to take home. A nice souvenir from the island. They also fixed conch salad. Was a wonderful day!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

omg, NO QUESTION take a snorkel tour. :D One of their snorkel stops is "The Wall," where the ocean floor drops awaaaaaaaay. It goes from 40-50 feet deep to 6000+. It's an underwater Grand Canyon. It's very cool to see it!!!

We've snorkeled with Blue Water Divers once (just 2 of us), and Grand Turk Diving once (12 of us). As mentioned, try to find a provider who doesn't require a prepaid deposit -- we've had our cruise ship miss this port once, due to high winds.

You'll be fine alone on the beach, because you'll be surrounded by 2000 of your new BFF's. Have a great time! :)

• 2 months later...