Star Princess Vs Carnival Miracle to Hawaii?

wendyp247

Trying to decide which cruise line to take to Hawaii in December 2016? Would appreciate anyone's input. We've never sailed Princess, We have done RCCL, Carnival and Disney. There are a lot of sea days on this trip so we are looking for activities and food that is good. We tend to book our own independent tours while on shore. We shyed away from Carnival but was on the Sunshine in December. The trip was fabulous but the review of the Miracle aren't good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back on the Sunshine again. We had low expectations and they were exceeded. Thanks

Trying to decide which cruise line to take to Hawaii in December 2016? Would appreciate anyone's input. We've never sailed Princess, We have done RCCL, Carnival and Disney. There are a lot of sea days on this trip so we are looking for activities and food that is good. We tend to book our own independent tours while on shore. We shyed away from Carnival but was on the Sunshine in December. The trip was fabulous but the review of the Miracle aren't good. I wouldn't hesitate to go back on the Sunshine again. We had low expectations and they were exceeded. Thanks

Unless you really love a lot of sailing, have you given any thought to skipping those sea days and seeing more of Hawaii instead by using NCL's Pride of America for a 7-day cruise of the islands and doing a land vacation pre or post?

My last three cruises were the RTs from LA to Hawaii on Princess and it's a great cruise. If you check out the Princess board here and do a search on "Elua" you'll find a lot of posts on this musical duo who with one of the CDs created the Hawaiian cultural program. Since then, Princess has hired on one or two other duos -- so odds are, if you're on one of the ships sailing to Hawaii, there will be on one of these "Hawaiian cultural ambassador" duos on board. Not only will help teach hula and uke classes, they will also give talks about the islands and perform Hawaiian songs. If you're bored on the sea days, you're not looking over the Patters to find these activities.

You can get a great sampling about the islands to narrow down any islands you want to return to on a land trip there.

'wendyp247'...I have not sailed on Carnival to Hawaii nor NCL exclusively within Hawaii however that would require flying to Hawaii and anytime I've checked NCL's prices it was more than I wanted to pay.

I have sailed to Hawaii several times on Princess and enjoyed sailing on the Star a couple of times.

I have sailed on RCCL & Carnival but for me Princess provides my best experience. I think their Aloha Spirit program was well done and as 'Cruisin' Chick' said if you have the husband & wife duo Elua they are exceptional Hawaiian performers.

http://www.princess.com/learn/cruise-destinations/hawaii-cruises/things-to-do/

Edited by Astro Flyer