Photo Package book prior or on ship?

pmd98052

We are interested in doing the unlimited photo package (DVD of photos only, we don't need the prints) - Is there any benefit to booking it now versus on the ship?

Also is this like the Parks where there are photographers everywhere and you can get lots of photos taken? For example around the ship in general, character meets, shows, dinners etc?

If there are lots of opportunities how are the wait times? When visiting the parks in Oct/Nov I never found a wait but I imagine on a ship there are LONG lines for photos?

Unless things have changed, there is no advantage to purchasing the unlimited package in advance.

Photographers are many places around the ship and on Castaway Cay. They will do embarkation photos (LINE), in the dining rooms, up on the pool deck, etc. as well as in the character lines, the line for photos with captain, the line for the special backgrounds, etc. Most lines are 10-15 minutes, but some can be monsters. If you want the special backgrounds, try to arrive as soon as they open. There is typically no line at that point. For characters, show up 5 minutes before the character is due so you are at the front of the line.

Thanks that is a big help - If there is no discount I might as well wait and see how many photos we're getting done by mid cruise and then make a call :)

Also we have friends traveling with us in another cabin - can they be in the photos we get taken at times or is it strictly limited to only those folks in the cabin that has paid?

In order for a photo to be on your disk, there must be at least one person from your cabin in the photo. If a photo contains only your friends (no one from your cabin), it will not be on your disk officially. I have seen situations with grandparents in one cabin and grown child/grandchildren in another cabin where they "accidentally" put a photo of the grandparents alone on the disk after being asked....but policy is that one person from the "purchasing" cabin must be in each photo.

They do this in 2 ways. Whenever possible, you are asked for your KTTW card when a photo is taken. In those cases, you hand them a card from the cabin doing the purchase. (your cabin). If they are given a KTTW from someone from the other cabin, the photo may not make it to your disk. They also use facial recognition software to be sure that you get all your photos.

Another hint--if you have your friends in the embarkation photo with you, it is more likely that their photos get mixed in with yours.

There's a 15% off offer right now if you purchase ahead online. It says it is fully refundable if you cancel before the last day of the cruise. So if you see that you haven't taken enough photos or just want to buy a few of them you can just cancel it.

We are interested in doing the unlimited photo package (DVD of photos only, we don't need the prints) - Is there any benefit to booking it now versus on the ship?

Also is this like the Parks where there are photographers everywhere and you can get lots of photos taken? For example around the ship in general, character meets, shows, dinners etc?

If there are lots of opportunities how are the wait times? When visiting the parks in Oct/Nov I never found a wait but I imagine on a ship there are LONG lines for photos?

There is a reduced price on the full CD package, if you pre-purchase. I believe it's 15%. If you find that you're not taking enough photos to justify the purchase, you can cancel it (for full credit back), as long as you do it by the last full day onboard.

While there are a number of photo locations (as well as roving photographers in the Main Dining Rooms), I wouldn't say they are "everywhere". There will be plenty of opportunity to have photos taken. The lines can be long, if a party decides they want a whole slew of photos taken of their group (individual photos; photos with grandma; kid's only; Aunt Sue's family; Uncle Brian's family; whole group; etc).

Hello Everyone ... We're Getting on The Wonder this Sunday.... Can Anyone Tell Me How Much does it Cost And Sizes of The Pictures on Board the Wonder?

Thanks

Philflow

Here's the information I've gathered:

PHOTOS (Sep 2014)

Individual prices are:

8X10 - $20.95

6X8 - $14.95

The packages are 6 ($99.95), 10 ($149.95), 15 ($199.95), and 20 ($249.95) photos. Different length cruises have different options. You can also purchase an all prints package (all your photos printed) for the same cost as the length of cruise CD.

The length of cruise CD cost varies with length of cruise. The prices I've seen are (for pre-cruise purchase/onboard cost):

7 night $295.95/$100.00 to add prints/$349.95, $100.00 to add prints;

5 night $249.95/$50.00 to add prints;

4 night $194.95/$75.00 to add prints/$229.95, $75.00 to add prints;

2 night $199.95/$50.00 to add prints

Special CD prices –

14 night $339.95/$100.00 to add prints;

12 night $399.95 or $339.95/$100.00 to add prints

The 6, 10, 15, & 20 photo packages can be either prints or the CD with 6, 10, 15, or 20 photos unlocked for your access once home.

Recent reports have the prices for onboard purchases of the above packages at $50.00 more than the pre-purchase price.