Checking in time and names on flight tickets

weylady

Morning two questions, I have asked the first one on the facebook page but no firm answer. We are flying from Bournemouth to Genoa to the Oceana in October, how early do you have to check in is it 2hrs or 4hrs, as it seems some airports it is 4hrs :eek:, some of you may have done this flight so might be able to advise.
Second question our passports include our middle names but the flight details do not show this will this be an issue.
thanks in advance for any help.
regards,
Michelle

[quote name='weylady']Morning two questions, I have asked the first one on the facebook page but no firm answer. We are flying from Bournemouth to Genoa to the Oceana in October, how early do you have to check in is it 2hrs or 4hrs, as it seems some airports it is 4hrs :eek:, some of you may have done this flight so might be able to advise.
Second question our passports include our middle names but the flight details do not show this will this be an issue.
thanks in advance for any help.
regards,
Michelle[/QUOTE]

Don't know about fly cruises as I don't do them. Haveing said that I am someone who always used to get to the airport early . would much rather sit there, than be sat in a q of traffic worrying if we would get there in time or not.
Bournemouth is not the size of Gatwick so I would say 2 hrs, but would get there 4hrs before ,for the above reason.
Ref the tickets ,they say should always match. Our passports are put away so I cannot even tell you if mine has my middle name on it. I always do any cruise booking without my middle name...so I guess my passport doesn't have it either.
there no real help at all.

You only have to check in 2 hours before departure for any European flight in any airport. I have never been to Bournemouth airport but it must be very small, so this will be ample time.

You only need your first names and surnames on your flight ticket, but they must be correctly spelt, matching what is in your passport.

We always seem to get travel documents with just my OH's first and surname and his middle name not recorded and never had a problem. Of course you will record all names as they appear on your passports when you do the API (Advance Passenger Information) on-line prior to your flight. They should be an exact match and include middle names if on your passport.

As for Bournemouth Airport we are flying out of there in the morning and have a flight time of 08.20 and our documentation states that the check-in desks should be open at least 2 hours before departure time.

The airport will be open before then (so they tell me) and the restaurant open too. We like to go with enough time to have a drink and perhaps a light (additional) breakfast(!) before we board.

I would say 2 hours is enough at Bournemouth - it is a small airport and usually not too much congestion and no long treks to departure lounges!!! At least your journey over from Weymouth should be ok since you aren't using the motorways to the west of us. And hopefully the horrendous road works on the Spur Road from which the airport is accessed should be well and truly complete to the great relief of locals and visitors alike! It has been on-going since September and causing all sorts of traffic problems, jams and delays. They say June but we'll see! Depending on your travel time, morning and evening rush hours plus holidays have sometimes seen delays of several hours!

Hope it all works out smoothly for you. If you want me to check anything out tomorrow I'll help if I can. Edited by kruzseeka

thank you very much for your replies OH prefers to fly out of bournemouth as it is only a hour on the road for us and our flight is 10.20am, looking forward to it, and we sail back to southampton so it will be a train back.

[quote name='weylady']thank you very much for your replies OH prefers to fly out of bournemouth as it is only a hour on the road for us and our flight is 10.20am, looking forward to it, and we sail back to southampton so it will be a train back.[/QUOTE]

That should be nice and easy then - not too early a start. Should have said the problems are on the motorways to the east of us of course coming from Southampton direction. If you are doing that bit by train you won't have any traffic issues.

It depends on your arrival time at Bournemouth Station but there is a shuttle bus from the Interchange to the Airport which might be useful for you on your return. They aren't very frequent though - and I'm not sure of the cost but it might be worth bearing in mind.
[url]https://www.bybus.co.uk/routes/timetable/A1?day=mon&direction=out[/url]

Hi Kruzseeker we are flying from bournemouth to Genoa and sailing back to southampton, the plan is get a taxi from our home to bournemouth airport as it is such a small airport there is no premier inn etc on site even though there is a fair few international flights mostly mornings. If it was a 4hr check in then we would have to find a hotel due to the early start but as it will be 2hrs we can leave 7.20am. Return is easy taxi from the port and train back to weymouth.
Thank you for your help and advise.

[quote name='weylady']Hi Kruzseeker we are flying from bournemouth to Genoa and sailing back to southampton, the plan is get a taxi from our home to bournemouth airport as it is such a small airport there is no premier inn etc on site even though there is a fair few international flights mostly mornings. If it was a 4hr check in then we would have to find a hotel due to the early start but as it will be 2hrs we can leave 7.20am. Return is easy taxi from the port and train back to weymouth.
Thank you for your help and advise.[/quote]

You're welcome. Sounds as though it will be straight forward. It's a lovely train journey to Weymouth - very scenic. It's our preferred way to go to Weymouth - have had lots of really good days out there. Enjoy your trip when it comes round.