West End lounger rentals?

39august

To the original poster-

Yes there are places to use beach chairs in West End. West End is less of a "laying out" place though, so it's not like West Bay where the whole beach is lined with them on cruise ship days.

To be clear, West End and West Bay are two completely different places. They are the names of two different towns (and two different beaches). You do not walk easily from one to the other (and you certainly wouldn't waste time doing this even if you like to walk, on a short cruise ship day visit to the island!).

Banamarama, as someone suggested does have chairs but they are located in West Bay, on West Bay Beach.

In West End, Sundowners, a bar just to the right of the entrance to West End (when you come by the road, you get to a roundabout and you take a left and Sundowners is on your left just after the big yellow Beach House. They have chairs- not a ton, probably like 8-10 on a given day. They have some shade, but again, it's not set up for a lot of people laying out. They are a bar, and they are cool with you buying food/drinks and using their chairs.

Just down a bit further after Sundowners is a place called Arco Iris & Argentinian Grill, they rent beach chairs for like $5.You can snorkel straight out from these two locations as long as you avoid the boat channel.

There are now several vendors who set up on the beach in West End, when you come to the roundabout you would turn LEFT and they have chairs they rent daily BUT it is a ridiculous mess of vendors in that particular area- they will harass you all day long asking if you want a massage, your hair braided, etc.

Roundabout, turn LEFT and go ALL the way down the road there is a place called Palapa Papas and they have chairs that I think they rent, and a restaurant inside.

If you want to go to West Bay, then there are tons of places to lay out and use the chairs, you can either purchase a day pass at a resort to use their facilities- chairs, pools, showers, bathrooms, etc. OR you can opt for one that does a consumption policy where you can use the chairs as long as you are buying food or drinks.

DAY PASS PLACES: Infinity Bay, Mayan Princess

Consumption: Bananarama & Beacher's

Beacher's is a locally owned restaurant (not a resort) and you can use their chairs as long as you buy drinks or food. they have a shower around back and bathrooms. It's nothing fancy but it's further down West Bay Beach in an area that is a little quieter.

Bananarama is located in the middle of West Bay Beach, they are a resort with a bar and restaurant. You can use their chairs with consumption I believe that is the case on cruise ship days as well but I am not certain.

If you were going without a tour, you would ask to be dropped at one of those places. If you are coming to West End on your own, you can walk all of West End pretty easily and WAY easier than maneuvering by car on a cruise ship day!

Enjoy your visit!

To the original poster-

get to a roundabout and you take a left and Sundowners is on your left just after the big yellow Beach House.

Sorry, correcting my post, I said Sundowners was to the left AND to the right at the roundabout in different parts o9f my post.

At the roundabout you take a RIGHT.

Sorry, correcting my post, I said Sundowners was to the left AND to the right at the roundabout in different parts o9f my post.

At the roundabout you take a RIGHT.

There is a huge yellow building one can not miss, Sundowner's is to the right of it if you are facing the water.

Communication is a challenge on a good day. :0)

If you are going to West End I recommend DIX Halfway Inn. It has great food, relaxing porch, lounge chairs and a great swimming beach. We have been to Roatan several times & have found DIX. Price is good and hospitality is warm. The raod in has now been paved and there are lots of little local shops to browse in. Going back soon and will head to DIX.