Mansion tour -Breakers

blambition

In Newport we decided to do the Breakers tour on our own and just walked to the visitors center and bought the tickets for $15.00 each then you can buy a pass for all day for $6.00 on the bus/trolley system or pay $1.50 each way to get there and back. Cost for the whole day would be $18.00 pp instead of $49.00 through the cruise ship. We had a very wonderful tour guide at the Breakers and waited about one hour to get in. I talked to people from our ship who did the tour and they waited about one hour to get in also. You can get Breakers plus one other mansion of your choice for $22.00. I would start off your ship early if you are going to do more than one mansion. We really enjoyed the tour including my husband who went with me under great protest.

Vicki

We took a city bus out to the "Mansions" and walked around the area and the coastal walk...it was beautiful..and you can buy a ticket for the tour when you get there if you want to go inside....I think MUCH less expensive and more fun than just getting on a bus and being driven there! LuAnn

• 2 weeks later...

Another thought... If you plan on seeing a few mansions you can buy a memeber ship to the society for $75.00. The membership allows you into all the Mansions, and it is a tax deduction.

Throughout the year you receive mailings from the society showing the mansions decorated for the holdiays, ect

I know it may cost a bit more than individual tickets, but from a member and lifelong resident of New England, it would be great!!

In Newport we decided to do the Breakers tour on our own and just walked to the visitors center and bought the tickets for $15.00

I am wondering how far the visitors center is from where the cruise ships are docked? I am cursing with my mother and I think this is something she would love to do. I am just a bit concerned about the walk.

In Newport we decided to do the Breakers tour on our own and just walked to the visitors center and bought the tickets for $15.00 each

I am wondering how far the visitors center is from where the cruise ships are docked? I am cursing with my mother and I think this is something she would love to do. I am just a bit concerned about the walk.

I am wondering how far the visitors center is from where the cruise ships are docked?

The cruise ships do not dock when visiting Newport. They anchor in the East Passage of Narragensett Bay between the islands of Aquidneck and Conanicut.

You take a tender in which unloads about one block south of the visitors center.

With your back to the harbor, turn left and follow America's Cup Blvd north one block to the VC.

SBtS

Here's to swimmin' with bowlegged women.................

-- Cpt Quint of The Orca, Amity, USA

Archived