Looking for Advice for Saturday in Cozumel

isaiahsnana

We will be in Cozumel on Saturday on the TRiumph. Weather report is for 80% chance of rain and thunderstorms. WE currently have the dolphin swim booked for 7 of us including children. Should we cancel and then hopefully be able to rebook while on board if the day turns out better than the report? What are the chances it will be cancelled if there is lightning with the storms? Hate to lose $700 if it is seriously storming, but hate to lose out on the chance to swim with the dolphins with my grandsons. What to do, what to do?? Advice?

You don't say if the bookings you have are through Carnival...if so you would be refunded the money if there was a cancellation.

If you booked directly through Chankanaab that wouldn't necessarily be the case.

You have to remember just like at home weather predictions aren't always accurate. Even if it were to rain/lightening it might just pass over quickly. You could have a stormy morning and a beautiful afternoon. Of course that might not help you if you are in port for only a short time.

If it were me I would leave everything alone and hope for the best if it is a "Carnival excursion booking".

If it was a private or third party booking I might consider cancelling and waiting. You could wait till you get off the ship to decide. You could just get in a cab and go to the park and book there. You could wait till the night before and book online once you verify what the weather will be like. These options protect your money a bit more but there would be the possibility that they might not be able to accommodate everyone. So if you have promised this dolphin encounter to everyone there is the possibility of some disappointment.

Good luck

Have fun with your grandchildren