Online check in problems

Touristbay

Trying to complete the online check-in process for forthcoming trip on the 21st of June (UK site) but it keeps coming up with an error message

"we apologise for the error that occurred while processing your request"

Is anyone else having the same problem?

Trying to complete the online check-in process for forthcoming trip on the 21st of June (UK site) but it keeps coming up with an error message

Might want to try a different browser.

Hi Touristbay

We're having a problem with the excursions it's saying they are still scheduling. According to carnival there's a problem with the site so my TA is saying and it should be sorted soon. It's annoying when the US site has had the excursions etc on their site. This might be why you have had a problem. They told me to re check in a few days.

Thanks juls

• 3 weeks later...

Hi

Every time we try to log into our booking on the UK site it says our booking has been cancelled. :eek:

Rang TA and they said booking is not cancelled. Tried logging in from their site get in part way but when clicking on excursions it wants password etc, put in details of cruise etc, then still get a message saying booking is cancelled. :confused:

Is anyone else having this problem? We are booked on 1st Oct. cruise.

Mark.

Any time you get a message that says a booking is cancelled, I would call Carnival directly. I know that your TA says everything is okay but I would still call the toll free number for Carnival in the US.

We had a similar thing happen straight after booking. First they said it was a carnival problem. When it would not let me in after they said it would be fixed I kick up a stink.

Turns out the issue was not a glitch more that carnival don't allow access until they have passengers deposits. Ours missed that weeks payment from the TA to carnival. Once they had it I had access.

I'm not sure you will be able to talk to carnival direct if booked through a TA. The rules I think are different here in the UK. You can try but be prepared in case they say call your TA.

If it was me I'd go back the TA and make them chase it up and get them to tell you what the issue is, it could be deposit related. But you've been booked a few weeks so I'd be hoping it's not.

I have say the check in is not well set up for UK bookings, part of it said something about leaving from the US. Prior to the cruise. I put and then it asked for a US address.

Can't fill one in as going from the UK.

So I had to put yes. Seemed stupid and not well set up for UK cruisers.

Hope it's sorted soon for all of you.

Hi

Is anyone else having this problem? We are booked on 1st Oct. cruise.

Mark.

Mark - we are from the US and also on Oct 1st. I'm able to log in fine and my booking is not showing cancelled ;) Good Luck....hope you get it worked out on the UK side.

Have a great day!

Mark - we are from the US and also on Oct 1st. I'm able to log in fine and my booking is not showing cancelled ;) Good Luck....hope you get it worked out on the UK side.

Have a great day!

Thanks Pam and Jules for your replies.

I will ring and sort it out this week and let you know how I get on.

Working till weds so will have to wait till then.

I don`t think it will be anything to worry about. Hopefully it is just a website glitch. :)

Carnival replied to my email today to say that I can only check-in online once my Travel Agent has sent them the final payment (although I paid this at the beginning of March). I have chased TA up to make the payment to Carnival and hopefully I will be able to check-in soon.

Carnival replied to my email today to say that I can only check-in online once my Travel Agent has sent them the final payment (although I paid this at the beginning of March). I have chased TA up to make the payment to Carnival and hopefully I will be able to check-in soon.

hope for you they pay it asap, Sounds like your payment missed your TA's to them. Could be they only do one very so many days.

Trogmd.

it's possible it could be your TA has not paid your deposit yet, If you speak to them i'd ask them if that could be the case. One less reason if they say them have paid it. Hope you get in soon to both of you :)

We had a similar thing happen straight after booking. First they said it was a carnival problem. When it would not let me in after they said it would be fixed I kick up a stink.

Turns out the issue was not a glitch more that carnival don't allow access until they have passengers deposits. Ours missed that weeks payment from the TA to carnival. Once they had it I had access.

I'm not sure you will be able to talk to carnival direct if booked through a TA. The rules I think are different here in the UK. You can try but be prepared in case they say call your TA.

If it was me I'd go back the TA and make them chase it up and get them to tell you what the issue is, it could be deposit related. But you've been booked a few weeks so I'd be hoping it's not.

I have say the check in is not well set up for UK bookings, part of it said something about leaving from the US. Prior to the cruise. I put and then it asked for a US address.

Can't fill one in as going from the UK.

So I had to put yes. Seemed stupid and not well set up for UK cruisers.

Hope it's sorted soon for all of you.

When I checked in online, it wanted a US address for me too. I called my carnival person and he said that is a Carnival glitch and yes you have to put in a US address. As my 2 nephews are from the US that are on the cruise with me, I used one of their addresses.

When I checked in online, it wanted a US address for me too. I called my carnival person and he said that is a Carnival glitch and yes you have to put in a US address. As my 2 nephews are from the US that are on the cruise with me, I used one of their addresses.

I've just emailed my TA about this and what ever answer I get back i'll post. The info may be useful to others.

I'm one the cruise with Trogmd.

The funny thing is, the little Red Banner top right shows how many days to our cruise?

We are able to Login using Nickname and password. But it's after that, whatever we click. IE Manage Booking, it comes up with another page asking us to put in our booking number, name, ship, date or cruise that when we click submit we get "booking has been cancelled"

Hope to get to the bottom of it today.

Keep you informed.

Kezz

Carnival have advised that I cannot access online check-in until my TA has made the full payment to them. Contacted TA and they advised full payment of my booking will be made to Carnival nearer the end of April. Disappointing to read the US bookings can check-in online after just making a deposit payment. Hope we don't miss out on anything because of this.

Carnival have advised that I cannot access online check-in until my TA has made the full payment to them. Contacted TA and they advised full payment of my booking will be made to Carnival nearer the end of April. Disappointing to read the US bookings can check-in online after just making a deposit payment. Hope we don't miss out on anything because of this.

That sounds dreadful on the part of the TA. If you paid them in full you expect it to be paid to Carnival straight away. But what in fact they are doing is holding on to your money until the very last minute gaining any interest (not that we get much these days) that you could have earned yourself.

That is very bad practice in my books and I would not be using them again in the future.

We were denied access until the deposit was paid but that was paid within 10 days as it missed the weeks before transfer.

I'd doubt you'd be missing much all I have been able to do is enter all the passport details, personal info and flight details.

You can't print anything until after full payment anyway. I think the most you might miss out on is booking any tours. As it's our first time on Carnival I don't know what else you can do before final payment anyway.

I got stroppy with my TA over a 10 day delay so to be forced to wait that long would drive me insane.

Hope you get access sooner than expected and you have a fun time onboard.

Called today. A girl who is not in till tomorrow has sorted it out.

So our girl can't do anything till then. She'll call us.

Becoming a joke this.

We paid £600 deposit 2 weeks ago.

Will keep you informed.

Kezz

my TA called and said she had looked over the check in info and it looked ok with the answers I had put.

She seemed to think if there was a problem I would not have a Green Tick which I have. she read it slightly different to me so my response was correct with the flight details I had entered.

good luck and happy sailing

Hope Kezz you get to the bottom of your problem soon.

it does sound a weird one.

Have you tried using a different browser?

But it does sound like a delay in deposit issue.

seems to me to be another of those one rule for the UK another for the US.

Don't get me started on that:(

Update.

I tried again to log in this morning and same thing. (I'm up early)

Trogmd just squealed from his room. 09.35

He just logged in with his nick and password and lo and behold and whole different page comes up. Yeah.

So what was it? I don't know. But Maybe deposit has been paid?

I mailed Carnival with screenshot of what is going on so maybe it was them?

Anyway, sorted now, will we ever find out what the problem was.

Happy days

Kezz, Phew.

we booked on saturdau but still can not log in it just says this cruise is cancelled the full money is in two weeks time will i be able to log on before this with just the deposit(which was half of the cruise price)? we just want to get started on make the cruise real.

we booked on saturdau but still can not log in it just says this cruise is cancelled the full money is in two weeks time will i be able to log on before this with just the deposit(which was half of the cruise price)? we just want to get started on make the cruise real.

As you know we had the same problem.

After we contacted our TA, she said they called Carnival and it was sorted straight away.

It took us a few days as our TA was off work.

It shouldn't matter that you have only paid a deposit.

So if you booked through a TA call them. If booked through Carnival call them.

As soon as you do you'll be a happy bunny as we are.

Kezz

I'm assuming you booked through a travel agent?

if so then based on what my TA told me was until Carnival have had the money from them then they don't allow access to the online booking. The message you are getting is the same as the one I got, I complained to the TA by saying it was badly worded and worrying but was assured it was not cancelled and was indeed all ok. They have their own system where they can access the booking. In fact I had a question for them about one part of the check in and she went in and told me it was ok. A bit worrying but sensitive data is encrypted.

If by the end of the weekend you still can't access it give your TA a ring and ask them to tell you what the delay is. I'd be inclined to mention that you have been reading of others in the same position due to Carnival still waiting to be paid. This might prompt them to tell you when yours is scheduled to be paid.

I booked on a Saturday also and the payment just missed the next run so went the week after.

Hopefully you will have access very soon.