Independence of the Seas Arrival in Belize

I am researching if IOS actually gets into Belize at the stated time (9 am Belize time). I'm really hoping they might get in early.

If anyone has personal experience in the past couple months would love to hear about it.

We were late getting into Belize on our last trip due to a 5 hour wait for come Cuban Refugees on a raft.

Just got off IOS today 3/3. Funny, we also stopped and rescued several Cubans on a boat that was supposedly adrift 14 days. We were stopped for an hour or so, and the Captain missed the Captains welcome party because of the incident. But we apparently made up the time and arrived in Belize by 9am as scheduled.

Just got off IOS today 3/3. Funny, we also stopped and rescued several Cubans on a boat that was supposedly adrift 14 days. We were stopped for an hour or so, and the Captain missed the Captains welcome party because of the incident. But we apparently made up the time and arrived in Belize by 9am as scheduled.

Wow, those people are lucjy to be alive.

We found a group of 8 Cubans who had been adrift for 10 days. No water or food left. The captain radioed the coast guard and they sent a plane. Eventually (after being there for 5 hours) a USCG plane flew over and then informed us to leave as a cutter was en route.

It was very interesting especially since I had been in Cuba for the raising of the US flag at the embassy just a month before.

Did your captain bring the refugees aboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We found a group of 8 Cubans who had been adrift for 10 days. No water or food left. The captain radioed the coast guard and they sent a plane. Eventually (after being there for 5 hours) a USCG plane flew over and then informed us to leave as a cutter was en route.

It was very interesting especially since I had been in Cuba for the raising of the US flag at the embassy just a month before.

Did your captain bring the refugees aboard?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes they were brought on board (7 of them). They were supposed to be left in Belize, but some were apparently too ill to leave there. There were ambulances waiting in Cozumel when we docked, and they disembarked there.

Yes they were brought on board (7 of them). They were supposed to be left in Belize, but some were apparently too ill to leave there. There were ambulances waiting in Cozumel when we docked, and they disembarked there.

We were on that cruise as well. We saw them from our deck. From what we saw of their little boat it's amazing they lasted that long. So glad they were rescued.