Cabanas on Barefoot Beach

Norway2

I am going on the Allure of the Seas in May staying in a GS. I am not able to book a cabana on Barefoot Beach in cruise planner. It states to book on board. Has anyone run into this problem? They were available earlier this year on cruise planner so I am confuded. Does this mean they are sold out or do I still have a chance once on board? Thanks for your help!

The cabanas on Barefoot Beach are only available through the concierge. I've had good luck emailing the concierge a few weeks out to ask for one. Be forewarned -- the prices has risen steeply in the past few months. What was a $275 OTW cabana is now $495.

I contacted the concierge about a month before our last year's cruise for a cabana on Barefoot Beach. He got back to me about two weeks prior to cruise. We were not able to get an over the water one, but had S4, which was up farther, but still was great. This was when the were still $250.

I noticed the (onboard only) tag was gone last weekend, for the non-suite cabanas, for my June 30th sailing on the Anthem. It let me add one to my cart and go all the way to asking for my credit card. In the end, I opted to not reserve one and stick with the beach bed I'd reserved previously.

I also thought it might've been a fluke, but just checked and they are still available.

5a6a87dbe07bcfeb8050ca439f0c691c.jpg

Nellie's have always been available for anybody to book at anytime. It's the BB cabanas that are held for suite guests and can't be booked on line.

Both times we got them we were in a suite. The first time I just went to the excursions desk as soon as I got on board and booked two. This last March I Emailed the concierge two months prior with no response. I Emailed again at two weeks and got the two I asked for. The concierge got back to me within a couple of days after my two week out Email.

At one week out the concierge sent a mass Email, I assume to all suite guest, offering all the concierge services. That Email offered 12 cabanas to any suite guest who wanted them. Obviously, others beside me had gotten some prior to the EMail going out.

On last summers Oasis cruise there were two cabanas that never were rented.

When we arrived to Barefoot Beach, the attendant kept trying to get us to rent them, we passed on the offer and got our beach chairs.

Wonder how popular they will be with the price increase.

Safe travels