Ship time vs. Local time

Traveling RCCL from Ft Lauderdale .. when in St Kitts is ship time the same as local time? We will be on D.S.T. by early April. We arrive at 10 A.M. .. but I'm making reservations so I need to know if that 10 A.M. is the local time or ship time? What would local time be? 11 A.M.?

Makes sure your watch..not your cell, is set to ship's time..there are clocks at all exits!

Hey that just reminded me that I need to figure how to keep my Apple Watch from changing time. I've always done as you said above but I think Apple Watch will show local time. Maybe if I turn cell phone off? I think watch only can get time from phone.

Anyway I'm glad I saw this, I'd have possibly not thought of it and gotten all messed up on time.

Saint Kitts and Nevis are 1 hour ahead of us now and are currently on DST. When we "spring" ahead on March 13th and go to DST we will have same time as the islands in the Caribbean.
I assume that DST means Daylight Savings Time (in whatever time zone you are referencing). I know you linked to a confusing website, but St. Kitts is never on Daylight Savings Time, but rather stays on Atlantic Standard Time (AST) year round. AST yields the same clock setting as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). BillB48 was correct.

I assume that DST means Daylight Savings Time (in whatever time zone you are referencing). I know you linked to a confusing website, but St. Kitts is never on Daylight Savings Time, but rather stays on Atlantic Standard Time (AST) year round. AST yields the same clock setting as Eastern Daylight Time (EDT). BillB48 was correct.

I didn't find it confusing at all. At the top of the page it says "Saint Kitts and Nevis Time Zone - Saint Kitts and Nevis Current Time - Daylight Saving Time"

I guess my point was that Caribbean Islands are always on AST. When we are on EST they are one hour ahead. When we change to DST and spring ahead we meet up with AST, so you could say that they are also DST during the same months as we are.:D

Edited by cruisenfever

I didn't find it confusing at all. At the top of the page it says "Saint Kitts and Nevis Time Zone - Saint Kitts and Nevis Current Time - Daylight Saving Time"

I guess my point was that Caribbean Islands are always on AST. When we are on EST they are one hour ahead. When we change to DST and spring ahead we meet up with AST, so you could say that they are also DST during the same months as we are.:D

You may not have found that website "confusing at all", but it did confuse you. I will repeat that the website you are referencing is incorrect to imply that St. Kitts is ever on Daylight Time. Daylight Time implies that clocks have been adjusted relative to solar time, and St. Kitts never makes this adjustment. St. Kitts is always on Atlantic Standard Time, and is NEVER on Atlantic Daylight Time (ADT). AST is UTC - 4:00 (UTC = Temps universel coordonné [if translated into English: Coordinated Universal Time, but always identified as UTC]; UTC is essentially equivalent to Greenwich Mean Time [GMT], but GMT is no longer recognized by the scientific community).

There IS Daylight Time within the Atlantic Time zone as the Canadian Maritime Provinces and a small part of Quebec do use Atlantic Daylight Time (UTC - 3:00). To claim that St. Kitts is in Atlantic Time and is in any way associated with DST would move them to UTC - 3:00 which is not true.

BillB48 and oneputt18 (who you appeared to be "correcting") were both correct. If you wish to think of Eastern Daylight Time as equivalent to Atlantic Standard Time, so be it, but St. Kitts never adjusts its clocks and is never on Daylight Time.