Carnival Pride or NCL Gem

stleda124

So I booked my sister and I on the NCL Gem for July 9th out of New York for the Bahamas. Today I was doing my typical price checking and I see that they have a Carnival Cruise for the 17th. 7 day. A little bit longer at the ports we are more interested in. The Balcony is 919 as oppose to 999 for an inside guarantee. Now I understand that it will not come with the alchohol package but when we pay for it seperately it brings the total to $2600 and change as oppose to $2500 and change for a much lower room. For us to get to Baltimore it would be about the same as to get to New York. What are thoughts on this one. Is Carnival Price better than NCL Gem (either ship or line).

I have sailed on both ship and they are somewhat similar.

My preference is the Gem, simply I had a better experience, but more a personal preference.

Space-wise the cabins on Carnival are bigger at 185 sqft, as oppsed to about 160 on the Gem.

Food is very comparable, although the Gem has more choices in specialty restaurant which are very good. And the Blue Lagoon midship is awesome for food 24 hours a day.

If you get a balcony at the same price as an inside, I would opt for the balcony.

I have sailed both and while the Gem is newer and a little bigger we had a great time on both. If the pricer were within $100 for the same type cabin I would go with NCL but if the price differential were bigger I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Pride again. Since you get a balcony on the Pride versus an inside on the Gem I know which one I'd take especially if you are still saving money. (Parking is cheaper in Baltimore also.)

I have sailed both and while the Gem is newer and a little bigger we had a great time on both. If the pricer were within $100 for the same type cabin I would go with NCL but if the price differential were bigger I wouldn't hesitate to go on the Pride again. Since you get a balcony on the Pride versus an inside on the Gem I know which one I'd take especially if you are still saving money. (Parking is cheaper in Baltimore also.)

Agree 100 percent...PLUS...the Pride has Guy's Burgers....:) YUMMY.

Agree 100 percent...PLUS...the Pride has Guy's Burgers....:) YUMMY.

They didn't have Guys when we were aboard:( so we'll have to wait until we get on the Fascination to see what the fascination is with Guys:D.