calling card

mkbb

Does anyone know where I can get a calling card to use from the carribean to the US. Last year we made 2 calls from St. Thomas that lasted about 3 minutes each and the charge on my VISA was $38.00 per call. I don't want to make that mistake again this year. Thanks for suggestions. - Mark

I use my calling card that I purchased at Sam's Club for 3.5 cents per minute. It worked for me at St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.:D

That bill of yours, Mark, was outrageous! Did you call from your cabin or onshore? Deb C.

I use my calling card that I purchased at Sam's Club for 3.5 cents per minute. It worked for me at St. Thomas and Puerto Rico.:D

That bill of yours, Mark, was outrageous! Did you call from your cabin or onshore? Deb C.

If you have a cell phone take it with you. We have Verizon and called from St. Thomas with no extra charges. Works in some other islands also. If you use it on the ship, please be concious of your fellow passengers.

Called from onshore. I thought it might be $5-$6 per call. Boy was I wrong. - Mark

On other islands, you can also purchase calling cards when you arrive. I have done it a couple times in Costa Rica. Last year it was even cheaper than the year before--something like $3.00 for 10 minutes. The locals in the terminal that sold it to me were even helpful as I was dialing on the phone.

So look around, ask, and I bet you can find it cheaper than using your credit card.

Good luck!!:cool: Deb C.

Archived