diversions on Sapphire

deejay6870

Our Sapphire cruise was a one dayer from Seattle to Vancouver in September but we were on the Diamond (essentially same ship) this summer. We played one of the many trivia games (and won), there were art auctions where you get free champagne and get caught up into everyone spending crazy money. Princess Idol - american idol-karaoke type contest, very fun to watch and participate in if you have the nerve. Lot's of dancing opportunities. Because this was an Alaska cruise there weren't pool games like you have on a cruise that takes you to a warm environment.

We enjoy playing trivia and other games such as Pictionary, Taboo, etc. Did Sapphire have many of these types of games? We are booked on Sapphire for 4/17/07 twenty nine day cruise from Sidney to Los Angeles.

We took the transatlantic this past spring and there were load of things to do on the sea days as well as port days. There were trivia games in the AM/PM

as well as other games. They also had guest speakers giving lectures talking about: money/finance, politics, holistic health/nutrition and diet, plus other subjects. They also offered tai-chi classes every day which were wonderful..only drawback at 8AM on our cruise. I would advise packing a highlighter pen so you can mark the things you want to participate in and see on your cruise. We have been doing it for the past several cruises and it has been a big help. Even though your cruise is a long way away your port destinations look wonderful so I am sure it is worth the waiting. I cannot believe they are booking so far in advance for the cruise... Anita

We took the transatlantic this past spring and there were load of things to do on the sea days as well as port days. There were trivia games in the AM/PM

as well as other games. They also had guest speakers giving lectures talking about: money/finance, politics, holistic health/nutrition and diet, plus other subjects. They also offered tai-chi classes every day which were wonderful..only drawback at 8AM on our cruise. I would advise packing a highlighter pen so you can mark the things you want to participate in and see on your cruise. We have been doing it for the past several cruises and it has been a big help. Even though your cruise is a long way away your port destinations look wonderful so I am sure it is worth the waiting. I cannot believe they are booking so far in advance for the cruise... Anita

Is there are charge for tai chi, yoga and other exercise classes?

Is there are charge for tai chi, yoga and other exercise classes?

Hi..there was no charge for the tai-chi class...it was not given in the exercise studio but in the Explorer lounge. It was a beginning class or intro into that art. At the end of the week session we were all given printed material about the lessons we learned so we could duplicate it at home. Yoga classes were given up in the exercise studio and there was a charge for those if I remeber correctly. Where ever you are going..have a wonderful and safe trip...Anita

I actually have the lectures and learning schedule from the LA to Sydney Transpacific crossing on the Sapphire in 2004 (as well as the daily Patters, the TV listings, 30 days of menus, etc.!:) ) If you would like me to email you the schedule, please email me at:

fooledyou9045(at)hotmail.com

...it would be best if you have broadband internet because the files are fairly large to be legible.

Honestly, if you are in a real anticipatory mood, I can mail you a copy of everything. All that I ask if that you pay for the copying (I think it's 5 cents a page)...I have over 200 pages of stuff in total (30 days of Patters x 4 pages each day, 30 days of menus x 2 pages each day, TV schedule (first two weeks of the cruise and second two weeks of the cruise x many pages, lecture schedule for the first and second half of the cruise x 4 pages each, port guides, etc.). Just let me know in the email.

It's a wonderful cruise...so wonderful that we're doing it again in April 2006 on the Sapphire, which will be only (!) 28 nights. For some photos, see my album (link is below).

We enjoy playing trivia and other games such as Pictionary, Taboo, etc. Did Sapphire have many of these types of games? We are booked on Sapphire for 4/17/07 twenty nine day cruise from Sidney to Los Angeles.

In the Library you can check out Scrabble, Scattergories, Pictionary, and Taboo I think as well as pick up brain teasers daily. Plenty of lounge activities like that too. Pictionary, trivia twice daily, Jeopardy, Blankety Blank/Matchgame. Lots of fun! I can imagine they must come up with a lot of entertaining opportunities for a 29 day cruise.

Archived