Just off the Miracle! Quick review.

neongoddess

We are cruising for first time 4/30. We book our excursions on carnival website. At cabo we are snorkeling at 11:30am. We are set to port at 11am. If ships late, bad weather, or have trouble getting off ship. Will we get refunded??

Also when on shore any drinking tips?? As far as what not to drink and what's safe? Margaritas?? Pop? Etc??

Thanks??

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

For your Cabo excursion- look in your ticket for where to meet, usually in a lounge and you'll tender off the ship. You'll meet onshore for your other ports. You'll get a refund if it gets cancelled.

We sailed variations of the MR itin many times. We stick to established restaurants, and a very short list of food carts. Can't go wrong with any of the restaurants in the tourist zone, along the Marina and a few blocks beyond. There are also good places on Medano Beach.

Thx for response!! I don't have an actual ticket for it. Just receipt showing paid for. Will ticket with meet up location be part of travel docs?

Thanks a lot!!

You'll get your actual tickets onboard.

Thanks for the recap! I'm sailing the same cruise in September! Can't wait.

What would you say is something to definitely NOT pass up on the ship? My grandmother is also going, and this is her first cruise. I want to make it super memorable for her!

Thank you for your review! We are headed out on the Miracle in May. What nights are the formal nights in the dining room? We want to book chef's table but don't want it to interfere with those nights! :)

Thank you!

I just got off 3/26 from 7 day Cabo-Mazatlan-PV. Formal nights were 2nd and 6th night. As for formal nights conflicting, there is nothing special/different that occurs in the dining room on those nights than any other night, so you should be good to go.

Thanks for the recap! I'm sailing the same cruise in September! Can't wait.

What would you say is something to definitely NOT pass up on the ship? My grandmother is also going, and this is her first cruise. I want to make it super memorable for her!

The Hasbro game shows are LOTS of fun, so was the love and marriage game show. That was a 10 question quiz for how well couples know each other... really fun. They had bingo on four different days and had a the 'do not miss' show was the 88-Keys performance in the Phantom Theatre.

Can anyone who has been on the Miracle in the last few weeks tell me which menu is being served at Dinner in the main dining room? Thank you all in advance

Just got of the 7-day cruise on 3/26. Every night is different, no repeat menu. They also have a daily unique appetizer, for example, we had frog legs the last night. Each day in port they feature an optional specialty menu for the port you are in (Long Beach, Cabo, Mazatlan, and PV). Aside from getting specific to each day's menu, you can expect a veg meal option (Indian food seemed to mostly featured), a seafood (we had salmon, mahi, crab cakes, lobster bisque, etc) and meat (filet mignon, various steaks, chicken, etc). Each meal features an appetizer, entree with sides, dessert. There are optional sides if you do not like the ones offered with your entree. You can get them instead of or in addition to. You can ask for extra of each course if you are really that hungry. All meals were pretty darn good

Edited by corlyf
more specific

Can anyone who has been on the Miracle in the last few weeks tell me which menu is being served at Dinner in the main dining room? Thank you all in advance

I just got off the latest Miracle cruise today and they were serving the newer American Table menus. I hadn't been expecting that and having had it once before on the Imagination I noticed that on both ships the service itself seems to be slower in addition to food changes. If you eat Your Time Dining, ask for Sandro's team if you want very good and timely service :) Day 1 and 2 we went with whoever we were assigned and were a little disappointed in the service, but on Day 3 we had Sandro's team serve us and we asked for him every following night.

• 2 months later...
Hubby and I just finished our second ever cruise! This time it was on the Miracle. We went to Cabo, Mazatlan, and Puerto Vallarta. Mazatlan was my favorite! But we did the Las Caletas beach resort excursion in PV and it was a blast! The Miracle was pretty nice but some of the decor was somewhat odd (Mad Hatter's Ball, anyone? And the dining room decor was like a grape nightmare! In a fun way, but still). Benjamin the cruise director put on a fun Bob Dylan tribute at the Red Frog Pub. The comedy shows were mostly funny; we saw 4 comedians total. 3 of them were very good. The fourth was super racist and I did not find most of it funny at all, but most other people were laughing like crazy so maybe I just don't have a normal sense of humor. The ship itself seemed pretty vibrate-y compared to the Inspiration (the only other ship I have been on) but overall not bad. Buffet food was awesome! Most of the food in the main dining room was also very good but I was not crazy about the steaks (they were alright I guess, but not cuts that I really liked). I did not try the actual steakhouse, so maybe that's where they hide the really good steaks. I have heard a lot of people on this board complaining about the decreased room servicing. Yes, they serviced the room once per day BUT if you put out your "please service" sign on your cabin doorknob, they would come back and clean again. Service overall was very good. In conclusion, we had a blast! Ask me anything.

Do you think the vibrations of the ship would make a first timer sea sick?

Do you think the vibrations of the ship would make a first timer sea sick?

I've been on the Miracle multiple times and experienced the vibrations, but I don't think it would make someone sea sick by itself. Of course the movement of the ship might. The vibrations are a bit annoying during dinner time, but I never really associate them with movement.

• 3 weeks later...