GoPro camera use

willise

Is there an official policy on the use of GoPro's while on the slides and rope courses? We will be on the Escape, but I'm assuming any policy would be fleet wide.

Thanks!

My guess is that it won't be allowed for safety reasons.

I know that someone in our party on the Breakaway in Jan. was not allowed as he has a small and I mean small naval piercing ring, I was even surprised that they saw it.

I see too many risk factors wearing it.

Edited by FranknBeans

Just a few days ago I posted a video my husband took with our GoPro on the Escape Aqua Racer slide.

He was never allowed to use it on the ropes course on Escape or on Getaway, despite trying several different harnesses, and asking several different employees over the course of the cruises. Yet there are several videos posted by others who have used them on the ropes course. I think it just depends who you have working that day.

Just a few days ago I posted a video my husband took with our GoPro on the Escape Aqua Racer slide.

He was never allowed to use it on the ropes course on Escape or on Getaway, despite trying several different harnesses, and asking several different employees over the course of the cruises. Yet there are several videos posted by others who have used them on the ropes course. I think it just depends who you have working that day.

It was the drop slide that he was turned.

On the Getaway last month, I used a Go Pro on the water slides (not the drop ones, though) and on the ropes course, both with a chest mount. They may be concerned about the camera falling from the course with a head mount, but there is really no way for it to drop off of a chest mount.

The staff clearly saw it as I was getting harnessed in and no one said anything about it not being allowed.

On the Getaway last month, I used a Go Pro on the water slides (not the drop ones, though) and on the ropes course, both with a chest mount. They may be concerned about the camera falling from the course with a head mount, but there is really no way for it to drop off of a chest mount.

The staff clearly saw it as I was getting harnessed in and no one said anything about it not being allowed.

Thanks! I just ordered a cheat mount on Amazon for my cruise. Now to figure out optimal settings for GoPro hero 4 silver. New to me. Any. Recommendations?

4 separate times by 4 separate people on Getaway my husband was turned away from the ropes course with a chest mount. Same thing on Escape. Again, it just depends who you get, I guess.

Norwegian Escape December 2015: I used the chest mount for my gopro on ropes course. I also used the hand grip on water slides (NOT drop slides).

[YOUTUBE]dIKxGJVZ-dc[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]mVoaPjzrWEc[/YOUTUBE]

Norwegian Getaway December 2015: I used my gopro head mount on the ropes course and hand grip for the water slides (again NOT the drop slides)

[YOUTUBE]WX64VKP-q4Q[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]kPW090p-IYQ[/YOUTUBE]

Anyone else have any success / failure stories on using the GoPro on the ropes course? I'll have my head mount and hopeful I can get that cool video

On Getaway:

In August 2014 the chest mount was allowed on the ropes. Not allowed in June of 2015. This is, of course, our own experience.

Edited by DrNora