Weight Watchers meetings on cruise

I know they have Friends of John W. (AA meetings) on cruises, but has anyone ever heard of having a Weight Watchers meeting while on cruises? Probably couldn't have official weigh in, but it would be nice if a meeting leader happens to be on board and could bring the weeklies. At least you could get some support and help with making good choices. If any of you do WW in your home towns, would you consider going to a meeting while on a cruise? Or do you just decide to not worry about it for the week and eat what you want?

Sorry my friend....but it's Friends of BILL W....close

To answer your question...if you don't see a listing for WW....you can place a notice on the boards (usually 'round guest services. ..you can choose the location.

On the Liberty...we would have meetings in the Chapel. .waaay up top !

I have been doing WW for the last two years and have lost quite a bit of weight. During that time we cruised twice and I can say I would not want to go to a meeting while on vacation. I have never counted my "points" while cruising but have made good choices. I have found with all the activities and walking that both times I have had small losses not gains. There is such a wide variety of foods, with a little effort it was easy.

Good luck!

I have no desire to go to a meeting while on a cruise. The food portions are not so huge anymore... and there are healthy choices available. Take the stairs, use the running/walking track, and visit the gym while on board. Most of our excursions involve walking. I "allow" myself a limited gain, knowing it will be gone the next week - and it's been gone - and more- on the next weigh-in. Enjoy!!

Edited by copi2boys

Good answer Havin'fun

Walking the stairs equal one small cheat a day in my book

t

YUP

I only do elevators on formal night when I wear my spike shoes.

The DH and me always take the stairs and the last four cruises we were on either the 14th or 17th. deck. Some days gotta leave a tad early to get where your going, and sometimes we actually beat waiting for an elevator.

Also, the desserts for us in the MDR are not worth the calories (for us anyway).

We rather enjoy a frozen soft serve poolside.

Safe travels.

Edited by Lionesss

Sorry my friend....but it's Friends of BILL W....close

To answer your question...if you don't see a listing for WW....you can place a notice on the boards (usually 'round guest services. ..you can choose the location.

On the Liberty...we would have meetings in the Chapel. .waaay up top !

You're right. It is Bill W. Sorry for that mistake.

I know they have Friends of John W. (AA meetings) on cruises' date=' but has anyone ever heard of having a Weight Watchers meeting while on cruises? Probably couldn't have official weigh in, but it would be nice if a meeting leader happens to be on board and could bring the weeklies. At least you could get some support and help with making good choices. If any of you do WW in your home towns, would you consider going to a meeting while on a cruise? Or do you just decide to not worry about it for the week and eat what you want?[/quote']

I have done cruise while on WW in the past. I always just planned and tried to make good choices. With all of the walking you will do while onboard, you will likely get plenty of activity points. Then if you do active excursions, even more activity points.

I am not on WW now, so I don't know the ins and outs of this latest plan. You should be fine without the weekly meeting. It's great to have the support while at home, and I am sure it would be nice to have it while onboard. But just enjoy your vacation and get back to your meetings when you return.

As someone else said, I always allowed myself a small gain. It was never a problem and I never exceeded that gain. It just allowed me to be a little more relaxed knowing I was being realistic in thinking I was off my usual routine and things might be a little different.