side light shield for glasses?

Does anyone know of a light block/shield that fits onto glasses and blocks light from one side? I sometimes have difficulty seeing the viewfinder, especially for focusing, with strong light coming from the dominate eye side.

Some long range rifle shooters use something similar, especially if they are using iron sights at a match.

To clarify.... what camera model do you have?

DSLR's have "hoodman" shades for the LCD screen. Otherwise an oversized eye cup on the viewfinder.

[YOUTUBE]zSOSLhXcQB4[/YOUTUBE] [YOUTUBE]dU_UeQsMsWA[/YOUTUBE]

Edited by xlxo

Thanks Tom, I hadn't thought about that option, but I'll try them.

I was thinking about something similar to these that slip over the side of glasses. These are commonly used by trap and skeet shotgun shooters:

s-l1600_zpsc9lkse8n.jpg

I'm going to order 2 pair of this set, but only use one side (the eye on the viewfinder). If it is not dark enough, I can add some tape or try darkening with a magic marker.

It would be nice to not be completely blind on one side especially on a whale watch boat.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0001YXJ7Q

31DlEe%2BrI-L.jpg

Edited by flatlander321

The side shield sets arrived. I think they will solve the side light issue. They also look like a good solution where normal side shields are needed to keep flying debris out of your eyes. Glasses can still be folded with the shields attached.

Thanks for the offer Judy, but the more I thought being completely blind on one side the less I liked it. Walking around, or on a boat, taking pictures is not the same as being on a controlled shooting line. The tinted grey plastic should be a good compromise.