Car Rental Drop Off in Port Canaveral

mjhbrown

Just booked our first cruise out of Port Canaveral. We are going to stay in Orlando for a few days before the cruise and will get a rental car. From reading this board, it seems like the best plan is to then drive our rental car to Port Canaveral the day of the cruise and drop it off there? Which car rental company do you guys recommend? How can I tell if they have a shuttle or transportation to the cruise? Help!!!

Just booked our first cruise out of Port Canaveral. We are going to stay in Orlando for a few days before the cruise and will get a rental car. From reading this board, it seems like the best plan is to then drive our rental car to Port Canaveral the day of the cruise and drop it off there? Which car rental company do you guys recommend? How can I tell if they have a shuttle or transportation to the cruise? Help!!!

Here is a map of the rental companies near the Port. All offer free shuttles.

A deeper discussion with pictures is here.

55d42527a0dff92b5585971286bc6e4c?AccessKeyId=48967324A3B30B96693E&disposition=0&alloworigin=1

Edited by SteerageJoe

All listed above offer free shuttles to the port.

How many in your party? :confused: Sometimes in the past, with several children plus bags I would drop everyone off at the port, check bags with the porters, then return the car and ride the shuttle solo.

With just the wife and I we typically drop the car off and both ride the shuttle with our bags. Your call. :)

We are looking to do something similar in October. Fly into MCO rent a car and drive to Cape Canaveral, do Kennedy Space Center on Friday, return car on Saturday before cruise (using National because of work discount) use free shuttle to the port.

Here is my question, how do we get back to the airport after the cruise for a 1pm flight?

We are looking to do something similar in October. Fly into MCO rent a car and drive to Cape Canaveral, do Kennedy Space Center on Friday, return car on Saturday before cruise (using National because of work discount) use free shuttle to the port.

Here is my question, how do we get back to the airport after the cruise for a 1pm flight?

With a 1:00 PM flight you could use another one-way car rental to get from PC to MCO -- you need to be at MCO by 11:30, with the drive taking about an hour as long as you have a car and are rolling by 10:30 you should be okay.

Or let someone else drive and don't worry about car rental shuttles and gas stations - Cocoa Beach Shuttle and CoreTrans are the most often suggested shared shuttle providers with fares starting in the low $20's per person range.