Kids UDP

So, we have the UDP as a perk next month, and I'm wondering what I can expect for our 10 year old.. She is a big fan of seafood of all types, but is tiny and will eat only a bit before she is done. Do you think they will charge us if she wants lobster pasta, etc. instead of what is on the kids menu? I did book a year ago if that is relevant. Thank you in advance for your answer!

If she has the UDP, she can order off the "adult" menu. There is actually no distinction between "kids UDP" and "adults UDP", it's the same package for everyone. And there should be no extra charge for anything with the UDP (assuming she is not going to order two main dishes, but if she does tell her its $10 for each additional main dish :p).

Edited by hawkeyetlse

Thank you! No worries, she'll order lobster and eat three bites, lol. I couldn't find info on NCL about why it her meal plan was listed separately on our vacation planner. But, it wouldn't really be a perk and she wouldn't be satisfied with the kids choices, if it was the regular kids menu. Appreciate the info!

In any of the complementary restaurants children can order off of the adult menus. We chose food for our 3 y.o. from adult menu as we thought the kids menu was very unhealthy and we don't feed her that type of food at home. It's no issue

my daughter is also 10 and loves filet Here at home we order adult meals for her. I dont know what to do. I think I will just see pay for what she eats on the ship my husband and myself have the UDP.

Similar girls! Most of the time at home we do just that and expect leftovers, lol. Fortunately, we booked when the udp was for everyone in the room. Not a big deal but I'm glad to have one unknown answered.

In any of the complementary restaurants children can order off of the adult menus. We chose food for our 3 y.o. from adult menu as we thought the kids menu was very unhealthy and we don't feed her that type of food at home. It's no issue

Thx, I wasn't crazy about the kids choices either.

my daughter is also 10 and loves filet Here at home we order adult meals for her. I dont know what to do. I think I will just see pay for what she eats on the ship my husband and myself have the UDP.
It may be worth buying the SDP for your daughter. But you need to decide how many meals she needs. The price list is here, it works out to about $20 per meal.

So if you want to take her to Teppanyaki and Moderno, the SDP is worth as opposed to paying the cover charge. For the à la carte places, it depends how much she is likely to order. The staff might be nice and put everything but her main dish on your UDP, but you can't count on that happening.

My kids have cruised dozens of times. And also been over seas many times. They are 10 and 14. I never ordered off the kids menu for my kids. My daughter had lamb for the first time on RCCL at age of 2. My son was eating steaks at 1 years old on his first cruise. When we are in france we eat french. We just spent a month in Peru and 90% of the time we were all eating peruvian food.

I don't feed the kids menu type of items at home (outside of burgers n such). Plus I think k cruising is such a great way to introduce different types of food to kids. Believe it or not my husband only ate South American food. And from our first cruise when we were 21 and dozens after all the parts of the world we explored, my husband is now a foodie. Always wanting to try different foods. I believe cruising opened his palette

I couldn't find info on NCL about why it her meal plan was listed separately on our vacation planner.

It's because back when you booked, kids could still dine in speciality restaurants for half price. The discount was discontinued (just like giving out or selling the UDP was), but obiviously the packages booked before that still stay as they are. But as said by others, you don't need to worry about the change.

Edited by Demonyte