Wow, prices have increased on the Vista

lsp

We booked when the Vista bookings first came out. Shortly after our aft balcony was reclassified as a Havana cabin. Cool, we got more benefits on deck 7. Last week I noticed our cabin was also reclassified as a handicap cabin which was not there when we originally booked. We were able to be moved to another aft, just more to the corner which I wasn't happy about because I wanted in the center of the back. Oh, well, still on the boat though. I checked the prices today to see if they were lower for the TA in October. Not! The only balcony I could price was 3,253.46 dollars more than ours. And, it wasn't an aft or a Havana. Makes me feel good, but sorry for others. Now, just waiting for October to roll around.

Still have my fingers crossed for some price reductions closer to the cruise time......even tho prices have flown up big time. That is what happened with the Breeze when it was brand new too....prices kept going up and up and up.....but then after final payment our 8D balcony cabin came down close to $1000 which we got as OBC. So I am hopeful that our 8D cabin will do the same this time around on the Vista too!!!;);)

Our cruise went from showing plenty of available staterooms to nearly booked over the past couple of weeks. Not trying to start anything by speculating, but I have to wonder if something is up. Final payment date is coming up in just a few weeks so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

Our cruise went from showing plenty of available staterooms to nearly booked over the past couple of weeks. Not trying to start anything by speculating, but I have to wonder if something is up. Final payment date is coming up in just a few weeks so it will be interesting to see what happens.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

We're booked on the Inaugural Cruise and it has mysteriously disappeared again from the Carnival.com. Last time this happened was about 3 weeks ago and the rumor mill was spinning the story that the cruise was sold-out. Well, that was true as when it came back online, there were lots of rooms available.

But now, with it being gone, the rumor mill is at it again!! Now they are speculating if the ship will be ready on May 1st!! Yikes!!!

We're booked on the Inaugural Cruise and it has mysteriously disappeared again from the Carnival.com. Last time this happened was about 3 weeks ago and the rumor mill was spinning the story that the cruise was sold-out. Well, that was true as when it came back online, there were lots of rooms available.

But now, with it being gone, the rumor mill is at it again!! Now they are speculating if the ship will be ready on May 1st!! Yikes!!!

I am on the ship on the 14th of May and the ship is sold out. I was also told by my PVP that your cruise was sold out as well. John Heald said the ship is on time for its build. Sea trials are starting later this month.

Can I go on the record as saying I do NOT like the new search feature on the Carnival website?

ME EITHER!! I've been using the Vacations to Go site to narrow down what I'm looking for, then go to Carnival site

We are on the October 1, Barcelona to Athens in an OC premium cabin category 6M...bigger room with a second sink and bathroom area... and price has dropped more than $500 thus far, just today it dropped another $70 and last week it dropped $38

Us too. I really think it is because JH is on the one before and the one after so October first isn't selling as well. I am ok with that. Price drops make me happy dance. :)

Us too. I really think it is because JH is on the one before and the one after so October first isn't selling as well. I am ok with that. Price drops make me happy dance. :)

Do you really think people seek out/research whether JH is booked on certain cruises and book accordingly? Personally, I just think it is a random thing that people book certain dates (unless its a holiday or school break) causing prices to fluctuate.

Exactly, I booked the Jan 14th cruise hoping it was after the holidays so the prices will go down as everyone is back to school or work, and not to much money to cruise after Christmas. BUT, the prices keep going up. Still hoping they will eventually go down. Never hurts to hope