Help with Med Cruise

Have been looking at cruises for Oct 2017. Has anyone been on a Mediterranean cruise in October? What were your favorite ports? I know everyone is different but I enjoy hearing what others enjoyed. Weather over there in October? I guess I could just google that one. Thanks for any input, guys. Always appreciated.

We did a Mediterranean cruise in mid to late October of 2012. The weather was quite good the entire trip. Never needed anything more than a light jacket over the 12 days. Was dry also except for one day. They had severe rains and flooding just a few weeks prior.

Favorite ports were Barcelona, Palma De Mallorca, Rome, and Florence. We are going back over next October to Southhampton to do a 9 night cruise that visits England, France, Norway, and Belgium.

We spent last October in the Med on Vision b2b2b. We enjoyed re-visiting French & Italian ports, Amalfi Coast. Enjoyed Spain ports, our cruises were out of Barcelona. Loved Athens, Santorini, Ephesus, Gibraltar, Kotor, Madeira.

We had a great time. :)

Edit, forgot weather. We had really good weather throughout.

Edited by SPacificbound

My GF and I do a TA every year coming and going from Thailand in October or November! We have never needed a real heavy winter coat, but something light to medium. Wear layers, if the day warms up or if your doing allot of walking. This is a great time of year

to visit the Med because not too many tourists.

We also did an 8 night med cruise from Rome to Barcelona the last week of Oct/first week of November including a pre and post cruise stay and travel. We had fabulous weather, smaller crowds, cheaper rates & a wonderful time. There is a ton of planning information and DIY side trips, tours and excursions in my travel blog if you would like to take a look. Just search for Med Cruise there are separate blog entries for each of the 16 days of the trip along with all the planning info in earlier blog posts.

Or if you prefer there is a trip report in CC but you will have to read thru all the comments along the way. The links for both are in my signature.

Hope this helps.

Cindy

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by ace1zoe2

I've done one in October and one in November. The weather was great ("sweater weather" rather than "pool weather") and it was great. Most of the Eastern Med ports are great; I haven't done the Western Med yet.

We did Mediteranean Cruises :

October 2010, 7 Nights on Voyager out of Barcelona, Visited; Naples/Capri, Rome (Civitavecchia), Florence/Pisa (Livorno), Nice (Villefranche) & Provence (Toulon)

November 2012, 7 Nights Greek/Turkey Isles On Splendor out of Venice, Visited; Bari, Corfu, Santorini, Ephesus (Kusadasi) & Katakolon.

We had great weather both cruise, great ports of call..

Spent 3 days in Barclona and 3 days in Venice pre-cruise...

Do it while you can...

Dennis & Sue

We did med cruise although in early June. However lived in Naples Italy for three years....loved the cruise out of Rome included Naples lol but since we lived there didn't get off went to Athens, Crete, Ephesus, Egypt Cyprus and Mykonos I would highly recommend that itinerary. And October is a good time to go as weather should be fairly decent not to hot and not too cold yet

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by jmckay331

Have been looking at cruises for Oct 2017. Has anyone been on a Mediterranean cruise in October? What were your favorite ports? I know everyone is different but I enjoy hearing what others enjoyed. Weather over there in October? I guess I could just google that one. Thanks for any input, guys. Always appreciated.

We only travel to Europe in the off season, that way you don't spend all your time waiting in line. The only med cruise we did was on Brilliance in January 2009. It was wonderful, no lines at the Alhambra, and the Canary Islands were perfect. I wish Royal would do year round Med cruises again.