Bandwidth test wanted for Westerdam.

I'm on the Westerdam in Apr 2 for 30 days and would like to know what the bandwidth and ping rate is for the Premium package. I have an Ipad and use an app called 'Net Analyzer' and it performs extremely well. There is also an app called 'Ping' to test the ping rate. If you could ping wg.net and let me know what the rate is that would be helpful.

BTW, wg.net is the hosting server for World of Tanks Blitz. It's an online tank game featuring only WW2 tanks and works great on an Ipad.

Thanks in advance.

So what you are asking is for someone currently on the ship using what you call the "premium" package to run network tests for you so that you can, what - decide whether or not to bring your PC/Tablet/smartphone???

This I will tell you - it's a ship, with a satellite connection. The bandwidth is shared by everyone on board - including the navigation and accounting staff. It's slow. Very slow. High latency. Plan accordingly.

In addition to what Dave said, bandwidth and latency will vary base on where you are. Any answer you might get would only be valid for the location and time the test was done.

Edited by richwmn

I'm on the Westerdam in Apr 2 for 30 days and would like to know what the bandwidth and ping rate is for the Premium package. I have an Ipad and use an app called 'Net Analyzer' and it performs extremely well. There is also an app called 'Ping' to test the ping rate. If you could ping wg.net and let me know what the rate is that would be helpful.

BTW, wg.net is the hosting server for World of Tanks Blitz. It's an online tank game featuring only WW2 tanks and works great on an Ipad.

Thanks in advance.

In addition to what Dave said, bandwidth and latency will vary base on where you are. Any answer you might get would only be valid for the location and time the test was done.

Richwmn is right on the money. We were on the Westerdam last year and I found the reception and speed good (for a ship) - probably one of the best I have seen.

Now, that being said, we are going to the South Pacific on April 2nd and I have no idea what that will do to satellite signal, but you should be prepared.

If I may be so bold, come and join our roll call. We have a lot of people coming along on this sailing and it should be fun. :). Wifi reception and speed is another question and it would sure be great to have a techie along to post on the live thread on variable speeds for our readers :). Me? I'll just be happy to be there and be able to type ;)