My condensed review w/pics: The Fascination (Grand Suite) to HMC (Cabana) & Nassau

We sailded the Facination last February out of Jaxport and I remember being on the Lido at sail away, and looking up at the brige we were going under and thinking "we're not gonna make it." I was totally not expecting it! But then again, I had had more than a few Fun Ships right after we got on the ship :D

More please!

Haha, I love it! I can only imagine that many of us have been there before! I am sad to have missed it this time but luckily this was our 3rd go!

The funny thing is - I am one of those people who can be like, whatever happens, at least I am on vacation! But this was the closest I think I have come to wondering if our vacation was going to really be ruined.

For sure!! Just being on Vacation is awesome. But I would have been feeling the same way, after you put so much time, effort, and money into a vacation....

The first time we sailed out of Jax, we had arrived around 10 am and I remember the gentleman in the parking lot booth telling us we would be sitting in our cars until noon. This was also 6 years ago - but it was in the back of my mind as we pulled in to the port a full 30 minutes earlier than anticipated at 10am on the dot.

There she is!

Rxv72SVZmyM1SceBCy9wFQAYvqUQ9iQXdEc9Ep6uPy5krW44e7ly5HQv_cuRqB3s_6_9iaBSUHOlllYXTVMzNw_QMv4JFEb9fnzvY-3khc4qNOeBq5XQP4kBEhZlpydi_16tMkJ0TQM5ChbLJ0yts1pxSj2RNdU-jpAiBI-SKJmRo6Ev-qVUG7ON0IR_PmfMtvEOk421B8pvkweZ6yMxuDsxFo21KJ8r7Lk1i9xOAWl0PfCsXUaFPq2ypfZx2ZHAT80Xp5KdLtR7_duGRUlGTA1Lp-kiSEPwLhlORtPmTSo35zbozllZ5oq0nl1LM60RNbSdyRTMjpIVyybOn2COjHMle3jfGxUm_99ixPPuwznpse9LbzaW1a-KQUee3X7QlxVBGapkrRPEXDMQLTAygmJnPKLdccMWqxh7dlLghG00PXp-5MepnPe9mLZ6jtGrSVN29RBwybpR-pwP4m4tiP_CIGMM5GgJsjwCN6zbr8nEntxmzcCh4yY6xcrau7Mty4ugb87zH25s9erSU7l6FAu83bm8LW8JeIFf82aiDjEag-Z-2-qTSK5IPNYQJHIGxlY_iA=w700-h394-no

To our surprise, not only were we let right into the lot - but there were quite a few others already there! (Don't forget, you pay for parking upon your arrival and will need to show your documents at that time as well)

I didn't take any photos during this time just because there is a lot going on. But I will share my experience of the embarkation process the best that I can.

As a reminder, we had priority boarding because of the Grand Suite, and we also had FTTF.

We parked and decided to just bring our bags with us, but we also did not see any porters collecting bags in the parking lot. They were still unloading from the previous sailing as well. We made our way to the area where you drop off your luggage, but there was nobody there to take it. They said they would be right with us. In the meantime - I was watching all of these people with carry ons, make their way into the building. I was so anxious to get in there and get in line!

I had prepared ahead, and after looking over the maps of HMC cabanas, I had made a list of my top choice down to my last choice. I wanted to prepare my husband to be able to tell them which cabana I wanted in the case that he made it to the desk before I did...yes...I was thinking of this like a Black Friday Doorbuster.

5FplJZxDCrJvVPFTVM4TN2_TY8h98UgmvZ-Hn6rHPJEoQS5d0vB0Ort-20AalLVna_-JbEZhs5OGt2mwQ_sAZOFVjh8sKrezkQmiEYPt3znJeQcruHZ5QD1EJ2RFyt2q5H1NVcnhIVmuFBLkXBnTsMNrRInPZDfvEdYi0p1cmRiScaDOGvrxioqEqcBLz_Ijq_upgo6q-Xr6xqIM5XcrdnGgzXBQIzUMRSzKzAiPvv4xiue8poBY99flRLy1dF2x8o0ugnMkNwJ0GD8P5uA2rg2wqhBfXXYofhcVyvdcxAzCnSnsq0e283rtbLxldkfnZsnlYDq6WFQ_8XoAtoW5cBcnmHIPA1LRqmPUsNw2fYPndtAlcqnFj5KQQ39OLppevqBSDdqP7g6ek4024MmNwEeYsjdYusxZaLN89ZGQuzh4dXRX-pPUhg6FNQxW01fv9-8NX8E4wZ5_SxKs2NGdMSlX6ThArxmVPtbY-2cVPFfoZ6xGCVuRENda92CEBjNsMBhE1rexPsn2JXdax5xkXjQokgJCMywDs-wTsFFtFeMjBO_Ey50RICxzpjG2Ip7q5vQXJw=w327-h582-no

(Notice I had 10/9 listed towards the end...I really didn't want to take the cabana that one of our roll call members had really wanted when she had booked her cabana long before us!)

Finally a porter comes over and starts to tag our bags with the FTTF, and we are off into the terminal. As soon as they see that we are priority, they direct us to that security line, which is longer than the other line. :rolleyes:

After reading so many comments from people who had their power strip confiscated, my husband had ours in his carry on bag. This went through security without issue, and we then headed over to the priority check in area.

The priority check in area is a smaller room with 3 check in desks, a couple of sofas for waiting and I believe some refreshments like water and maybe coffee. We didn't have a wait in front of us and were checked in pretty quickly, and then directed to the seating/waiting area for boarding. At this point I am doing a mental check of how many people are in front of us, and how many cabanas they all have and so on and so on. We wait about 30 minutes and the woman who was organizing all of the priority check ins lets us know that there are 2 weddings boarding before us, with over 100 passengers with their party. :eek: And they also had a site inspection boarding as well. I am not familiar with this at all, but it looked like about 50 people who boarded and who we later saw touring the ship.

They started the boarding process with the weddings and site inspection, and then over to our group - finally! :D As we are walking towards the photo set up, my husband says..."why don't we skip this, so you can get to the excursion desk faster?" And I completely agree...

I loved your cabana list picture!! That is so funny. I believe you have earned the OCD crown on that one *lol* :D

So we completely bypassed the embarkation photo, and headed to the ship. We board the ship I believe, on the 3rd deck? There were a lot of people creating a traffic jam right when you get on, but we just turned and saw the stairs and started heading up them.

We made it to the excursion desk, and not one person was in line! Success!

But then one of the employees let us know it would not be open until 12, and it was just around 11:15, maybe 11:20 at this point. But after all of my stressing, I was pretty much like...OK. I will be right here.

Just a couple minutes behind me was Terab85 and then gcdanno - both from our roll call and in line to get their cabana. Luckily, the employee updated us and said they would be actually opening at 11:30. I think we all relaxed a little bit more, knowing our vacation was almost ready to start...just have to get out of this line now! But then the minutes ticked by....I think they said they forgot to open the desk, that she was on her way, and that she had to bring some supplies with her and was running late. Regardless, she didn't open the desk until closer to noon as first communicated. :rolleyes:

At this point, I am like whatever - give me my cabana so I can officially enjoy vacation! I was the first one in line, and had first choice of cabana and went with #14. Would it be the best decision? We will find out...

Now, let's check out the Grand Suite!

I appreciate that you didn't mention how out of breath I was after running up those freakin' stairs to try and beat you ;)

I loved your cabana list picture!! That is so funny. I believe you have earned the OCD crown on that one *lol* :D

That's to funny. Here I am thinking that's a great idea and tell my hubby we are making a list so he can run ahead with it. My OCD loves your ideas. ;-)

First, let me say, I am enjoying your review. I will be going on the Pride in July and to the same places as your destinations.

Question for you. Unless I missed it, I was curious as to what was your reasoning for which cabanas you wanted. I have read others say they prefer the ones furthest away because it gets them away from the crowd. I want to make sure I pick the right cabana for my family.

TIA!

FTTF - So I mentioned that I kept FTTF so that we could get into our room asap. I should point out that they had made an announcement that all cabins should be ready by 12:30. And if you remember, we were at the Excursions Desk until about 12 anyways. So in reality, we were only able to access our room 30 minutes earlier than everyone else.

Having said that - as we made our way to our room, we noticed that the housekeepers were still knee deep in cleaning rooms and I would be surprised if they were actually all ready at 12:30. If anyone else on the sailing can chime in here, I would be curious to know!

So at this point in time, we are just hanging out in the room and checking everything out. There is a TON of storage in this room, and you can see most of it along the left side of the room in the photo I posted. The thing is, many of the drawers have some mechanism built in, I am sure to prevent the drawers from rolling open if the ship gets moving - but some of them were just downright hard to open and took a bit of a pull. Once you get used to this, they are usable and all - but I thought I would mention it.

We eagerly awaited our luggage delivery and soon enough - we got that knock on the door and all 4 of our bags were delivered without issue.

I'll point out here that I had bought a brand new travel steamer for this trip - as the old trusty one we had brought with us so many times before had finally died. Of course, I didn't realize that the rules had changed and steamers were now no longer allowed on the ship - until we talked about it in our roll call. I think this is kinda crazy. I don't want to be walking around in wrinkles for 5 days and while wrinkle release spray helps...I also didn't want to spend my mornings dousing my clothes in spray. So yes...I smuggled my steamer. I mean, I use the word "smuggle" loosely...It's not like I hid that thing anywhere, I just packed it in my luggage. And it made it. And I was like hallelujah to all. This neat freak would have been going crazy if it had not!

I had meant to ask you about the steamer since we talked about it on the roll call. I don't think they were checking luggage too closely. I wonder if that's because JAX is a smaller port or not. I'll be curious about your trip on the Sunshine next year. I ended up having to take a couple of things down to the laundry and using the iron :(

So here is where day 1 starts to lose its luster...I know I had mentioned it was cold in Jax but let me just tell you what a baby I am. I lived in NY for 30 years and just decided to move to Florida simply because I was cold. I hate the cold weather, and I hated the snow and the gloominess of all things winter. I left all of my extended family, and my husband and kids and I moved to Florida on our own. I love Florida. The bright blue skies and white clouds - make me smile everyday.

Winter in Florida is usually limited to about 2-3 weeks. We will get a couple of frost advisories and the temps dip down into the 30s overnight. Luckily, during the day the temps usually jump back up into the mid 50s at least, and most often into the 60s. This year, the cold had lasted a little bit longer and I was really nervous about leaving for our cruise when temps were still so low. Most of the time, we time our cruise just right so that it is almost a passage to summer. We leave the cool weather, head to the Caribbean and come home to 70 degrees and climbing.

So this trip - it was much colder than it usually is when we head on a cruise. I boarded wearing jeans and a long sleeve shirt :eek: So naturally, I was excited to get the ship heading south as soon as possible.

So the Fun Times, I believe said the Muster Drill would be at 3. There was an announcement made that it would be at 3:30. We went to our station - B, which was on the Promenade deck and waited. And waited. And waited. The drill didn't start for what felt like FOREVER. I actually wondered if it had something to do with either of the weddings on board?

Once the drill began, it still took what seemed like forever. And then at some point during the drill, the captain came on and announced that due to a water boiler issue, our departure would be delayed until 5:30. Finally, the drill ended probably close to 4:30/5, and we decided to head to dinner in the MDR.

I thought the Muster Drill was terrible. We went out just above the pool area, which is where our wait area was about 3:15 and just waited. Didn't see any employees even getting ready until after 3:30. Finally closer to 4:00, we made our way downstairs to the Lido deck and waited and waited and waited. Unfortunately, we had to stand the whole time. Seemed like it took forever too :mad:

Ok, now I am back on track...

After dinner, the ship is just getting colder and colder with the temps dropping outside and still being docked in freezing cold Jax. So we decide to just hang out in our cabin and try to get warm, and just wait to see when this thing is going to sail.

When we got back to our room, our steward was outside in the hallway and introduced herself. I wish I had written down her name because she was awesome. It was really unique and it started with a K - if anyone staying on the upper deck recently may know who I am talking about, please chime in!

She hadn't done our turn down service yet and confirmed our dining plans for the week with us. This was the only night that we missed each other, and the rest of the week she was totally aligned with our schedule. I told her we were all set and if she just had the Fun Times for the next day we would be good.

Now the ship is getting cold and unfortunately the cabins do not have any heat. You can turn the AC down or off, but there is no option to turn on heat. We thought, well lets make use of the nice big tub and take a hot bath - but alas...the water boiler issue meant no hot water either. I gave in and I suited up in sweatpants, a long sleeve shirt and a hoodie. You guessed it - I had that hood up over my head and tied tight to minimize the cold air from mingling underneath.

At this point, I am wondering if we will be sailing at all? There was another updated announcement that the repairs were almost done around 8, and that we would be sailing around 8:30. That time came and passed. We ended up passing out sometime early that evening - something about all of the excitement leading up to the trip and a lot of early mornings beforehand just whips our butts the first night or so of any vacation. We went to sleep wondering if they would be waking us up and asking us to debark in the morning. :(

You made me laugh about how cold you were in your cabin. Poor Nick has to deal with me and how hot I get. I think we propped open our door a few times ;) I was determined that we were going to stay up late to watch us go under the bridge. Think it finally happened after 10:00 (or was it 11:00 :confused: ).

It's just amazing that after all these years my husband didn't even bat an eye. He knows it's crazy but he was like yep, give me the list...:rolleyes:

I had meant to ask you about the steamer since we talked about it on the roll call. I don't think they were checking luggage too closely. I wonder if that's because JAX is a smaller port or not. I'll be curious about your trip on the Sunshine next year. I ended up having to take a couple of things down to the laundry and using the iron :(

I was torn too - I didn't want to have it confiscated and then be a 'thing' that I had to worry about. In the end I figured, worse case scenario if they took it, I would probably just forget about it and buy a new one when I got home. I too will be curious to see what happens with the Sunshine!

I just realized that I forgot about the coughing kid incident. I have to back up to dinner on our first night. I mistakenly thought this happened later in the cruise but now that I think about it, it was the first night.

So I don't know that I could tell this story without some sort of visual...so obviously I have created one.

Here we have a family sitting at the table for 4, with a beautiful view of the Jacksonville port out the window. We have mom and dad, little Sally who is all of 3 or 4 and then little Billy who is probably 8-10.

Next to them we have a nice couple, eager to enjoy their dinner.

And finally at the end of the row, which - this is the typical setup in the Sensation MDR on the Fascination if you sit near the windows...you have myself (for the sake of this story, I've chosen Jennifer Lawrence to represent me) and my husband. Again, this is my story and if I want him to be Ryan Gosling, he will be.

The%20Coughing%20Kid_zpsnsd5bwrq.jpg

Notice I didn't include any photos for the little Billy's family.

That is for 2 reasons.

1. If I were them, I would be embarrassed

2. Because they pretty much were invisible the entire time, and did nothing to stop or apologize for the situation

I would also like to make one call out here in regards to the authenticity of this photo. No, I am not apologizing for likening myself or my husband to stupidly good looking actors...but I do feel the need to say that the photo of little Billy isn't as accurate as it could be. You see, this is because if you google "boy coughing" you get 99.9% results of a picture of a boy coughing AND covering his mouth. This is completely opposite of what little Billy must have been taught.

Little Billy started coughing as soon as we were seated. But it wasn't just a cough into his arm, sleeve, napkin, anything...he would lean back in his chair, kind of roll out of it towards the poor woman sitting to his right, and then cough...open mouth...into the open air. Repeatedly. I couldn't even bring myself to look at the woman next to me, but I imagined she was like...

Poor%20Woman_zps9kklmxrp.jpg

So this continues to go on, and we've ordered our dinner and are enjoying our appetizers. Which now, this sparks my memory that they were the stuffed mushrooms, and I wish I had ordered 2. Anyways, back to the story.

My husband made eye contact with the dad, who was sitting to the left of little Billy. You know that eye contact like...are you going to do something? Something is amiss and you can fix it. You have a booger on your face, how do you not know? Dude, your mom is standing RIGHT behind you.

Kevin%20Hart_zpsiymun5vu.jpg

You know - THAT eye contact, and still...nothing. I on the other hand, couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with anyone.

It was almost like little Billy was a limp noodle who couldn't stay upright in his chair, and he just kept getting closer and closer to the poor woman sitting between us. Coughing over and over and over again. Never covering his mouth. His parents never saying anything to him or to any of us.

Even the waiters at this point are like

2gH54YZmyF-10.png

So our main entrees are just being delivered, and I am already picturing plastic tenting and hazmat suits because this kids germs are just EVERYWHERE at this point. All of a sudden, the poor woman in between us and her husband just get up, mid bite...and leave. They could not take it for another SECOND.

Now the one barrier I had between little Billy and I...is gone. I look over and see him in all his glory, just limp noodling all over his chair, coughing every 30 seconds or so straight into our shared aerosphere. Little Sally doesn't know any better, she's just trying to figure out what happened today that landed her on a boat with 2,000 strangers and chicken tenders for dinner. His parents still oblivious to the carnage their son has caused.

We finished our dinner as quickly as possible and got the heck out of dodge. I am usually such an easy going person, I don't care if your kids act up, because they are kids. But at 8, 9, 10 years old, you should know how to cover your mouth. And if you aren't covering your mouth, then as parents, you should really remind your kid - and apologize to those around you who it is affecting. At least. Personally, if my kid had been that sick to where he could not stop coughing throughout an entire dinner service - I would not have brought him on a cruise, or at the very least got room service and kept him holed up there until he was feeling better.

So that's the coughing kid incident. It is one that will likely be retold and acted out many a times in our household because, well...we are a-holes like that and laughing about it afterwards keeps us from opening our mouths in public. I can't believe I forgot that was on day 1 - but now I will get back on track...

Edited by ohitssunshine

OK, after we watched the sunrise we went to check out the buffet breakfast. My husband really wanted waffles and we were on a mission to find some. When we failed that mission, and rather quickly I might add, we decided to go back to the cabin get ready for the day. At this point we had just thrown on a sweatshirt and pants to check out the sunrise. After we got ready we would head out to brunch, where we hoped to find waffles on the menu. In fact, to get him to brunch, I might have at this point assured him there would be waffles and because I would not chose to lie to my husband, I think I assured myself that there would be waffles as well.

In reality, I just wanted an excuse to have a mimosa.

We did end up going to brunch, and as the funny way the universe works sometimes - we were both let down. I never saw the "I'm on vacation so drinks at 8am are validated" menu, and was never offered to order from the bar, and there were also no waffles to be found either. Thanks universe, I learned my lesson.

We did have a lovely couple seated next to us, and again the seating arrangement was the same as the dinner with a 4 top/2 top/2top. We noticed that they had some trouble getting what they ordered - asking for pineapple juice and getting orange, asking for salsa and not getting any, etc. These were minor things, and our meal came out as expected with the only hiccup being that my coffee was refilled with regular, when I had been drinking decaf. My husband noticed and let me know when the waiter had left. I typically do not drink coffee at all since quitting it 2 years ago, and a cup of regular would have had be bouncing off the walls. Our meal was tasty, and it did not take long at all either. I had read some reviews where brunch can take quite a bit of time, but we did not experience this.

Unless you are going to hang out on the lido or serenity deck, sometimes finding things to keep you busy earlier in the day can prove to be difficult. With it still being somewhat chilly outside, we decided to hit up Bingo, and then the Excursions talk which followed.

First, we made a pit stop at the atrium bar and got my darned mimosa and it's 9:30 am at this point so why not a mixed drink for my husband? We head over to the Palace Lounge and my husband offers to go get our bingo board.

_3NckoB-HKor7QyikSDBpmlBrqzwtvzBqYk5aE8lRNEAYPj-YEbHo_Uk5ksK6j8F4fR6j3uYsYrfolQ9WtLACUBh1GEnoNDmOYtdRQyXfR4SAVm9JiNYaETerGIawJE021B7V385ekKjQTtSxkjlfpw9Oa2GLsWIYXpbac41gbW5ngTcSsKWHA3xeoOFQ7eKKAXb9upe1t22Fk0CS0U5HQenZFmksuOKZeyjm7WIfykllzWIA0yTzD8xAEy5CIO57FWYfIdKzThzjp6P_4eqnqsT10uvvaUtvcxGBfXKn-4FWF2tgPQgBNvCjcooDeZJwt8rClctA8kzl79WQKQfq3n1r-MA3Eih1yW3TxzcHUaybt6qtH9YpB-hylY6BftqpRhDb1UY1gMyPT6gZ9pOuaG4LjlJhp4q8F6AoaeBNu4EnGKkI5WOa1WIHgnOV4KwmdzkIFj3gYRPS_KpD5TnEbzaIUFIZ1DywkFiFs4sTScHZZnHgv3trXzhmSpKpfFDOojjMUkk5Wpvuk3FVf38pD4SYYxsr9_lNNDXUN4hVEF7vOGgLElB1bAmoMA1U1NrrpA3cA=w700-h394-no

The pricing and everything has changed a lot on this since our last cruise. I think the boards used to be like $10 a piece, and they were ones where you would just fold your number in or out. Now, you have to either have a bingo dabber or purchase one for $2. The boards are also packaged differently, and even after he explained to me 3 or 4 times, I am still not sure how it works. You can see the order form in the photo above, and maybe that will help or if someone knows, feel free to add that information.

They play 3 games, each with a different configuration needed to win Bingo, and each with a prize amount that increases. I want to say it was $100, $150 and then $250. I never win Bingo and this time was no exception.

Edited by ohitssunshine

On our past cruises, we would attend the Excursion Talk and or the Shopping Talk - I cannot think of what they are really listed as in the Fun Times. But we would attend because sometimes they can be entertaining, and most times, they give away a lot of prizes. I talked my husband into sticking around for the excursion one, and I am glad that we did. No, we didn't win anything - but even after researching excursions on the Carnival site, reading about them on Cruise Critic and seeing them printed on board - you still get something out of hearing them be talked about. They did give away quite a few excursions - I was surprised!

We were totally going to leave after that but then the shopping guy was talking about all of the stuff he would be giving away also. And if you are not familiar, this is where they try to sell you this 'fabulous' coupon book where you will get all sorts of free bracelets and charms, etc. My sister and her friend were suckered into buying one on a past cruise, and I use that term intently. They felt like suckers after buying them and getting everything they could with it still.

At any rate, we filled out our raffle ticket and hung around. Instead of past shows where they would draw tickets out the entire time to give away prizes, they had the audience members yelling and jumping to get his attention. This got annoying real quick. We decided to get out of there and head back to our room for a bit.

It's just amazing that after all these years my husband didn't even bat an eye. He knows it's crazy but he was like yep, give me the list...:rolleyes:

Nick is like that with me too. He just laughs but doesn't say a word :p I am ALL about lists :D

I just realized that I forgot about the coughing kid incident. I have to back up to dinner on our first night. I mistakenly thought this happened later in the cruise but now that I think about it, it was the first night.

So I don't know that I could tell this story without some sort of visual...so obviously I have created one.

Here we have a family sitting at the table for 4, with a beautiful view of the Jacksonville port out the window. We have mom and dad, little Sally who is all of 3 or 4 and then little Billy who is probably 8-10.

Next to them we have a nice couple, eager to enjoy their dinner.

And finally at the end of the row, which - this is the typical setup in the Sensation MDR on the Fascination if you sit near the windows...you have myself (for the sake of this story, I've chosen Jennifer Lawrence to represent me) and my husband. Again, this is my story and if I want him to be Ryan Gosling, he will be.

The%20Coughing%20Kid_zpsnsd5bwrq.jpg

Notice I didn't include any photos for the little Billy's family.

That is for 2 reasons.

1. If I were them, I would be embarrassed

2. Because they pretty much were invisible the entire time, and did nothing to stop or apologize for the situation

I would also like to make one call out here in regards to the authenticity of this photo. No, I am not apologizing for likening myself or my husband to stupidly good looking actors...but I do feel the need to say that the photo of little Billy isn't as accurate as it could be. You see, this is because if you google "boy coughing" you get 99.9% results of a picture of a boy coughing AND covering his mouth. This is completely opposite of what little Billy must have been taught.

Little Billy started coughing as soon as we were seated. But it wasn't just a cough into his arm, sleeve, napkin, anything...he would lean back in his chair, kind of roll out of it towards the poor woman sitting to his right, and then cough...open mouth...into the open air. Repeatedly. I couldn't even bring myself to look at the woman next to me, but I imagined she was like...

Poor%20Woman_zps9kklmxrp.jpg

So this continues to go on, and we've ordered our dinner and are enjoying our appetizers. Which now, this sparks my memory that they were the stuffed mushrooms, and I wish I had ordered 2. Anyways, back to the story.

My husband made eye contact with the dad, who was sitting to the left of little Billy. You know that eye contact like...are you going to do something? Something is amiss and you can fix it. You have a booger on your face, how do you not know? Dude, your mom is standing RIGHT behind you.

Kevin%20Hart_zpsiymun5vu.jpg

You know - THAT eye contact, and still...nothing. I on the other hand, couldn't bring myself to make eye contact with anyone.

It was almost like little Billy was a limp noodle who couldn't stay upright in his chair, and he just kept getting closer and closer to the poor woman sitting between us. Coughing over and over and over again. Never covering his mouth. His parents never saying anything to him or to any of us.

Even the waiters at this point are like

So our main entrees are just being delivered, and I am already picturing plastic tenting and hazmat suits because this kids germs are just EVERYWHERE at this point. All of a sudden, the poor woman in between us and her husband just get up, mid bite...and leave. They could not take it for another SECOND.

Now the one barrier I had between little Billy and I...is gone. I look over and see him in all his glory, just limp noodling all over his chair, coughing every 30 seconds or so straight into our shared aerosphere. Little Sally doesn't know any better, she's just trying to figure out what happened today that landed her on a boat with 2,000 strangers and chicken tenders for dinner. His parents still oblivious to the carnage their son has caused.

We finished our dinner as quickly as possible and got the heck out of dodge. I am usually such an easy going person, I don't care if your kids act up, because they are kids. But at 8, 9, 10 years old, you should know how to cover your mouth. And if you aren't covering your mouth, then as parents, you should really remind your kid - and apologize to those around you who it is affecting. At least. Personally, if my kid had been that sick to where he could not stop coughing throughout an entire dinner service - I would not have brought him on a cruise, or at the very least got room service and kept him holed up there until he was feeling better.

So that's the coughing kid incident. It is one that will likely be retold and acted out many a times in our household because, well...we are a-holes like that and laughing about it afterwards keeps us from opening our mouths in public. I can't believe I forgot that was on day 1 - but now I will get back on track...

OMG!! Never laughed so hard in my life!!! I totally feel for you guys but so glad it was you and not us ;) It's amazing how parents don't want to take responsibility for their kids. We would totally be sharing that story with everyone because like you, we're a-holes too ;);)

OK, after we watched the sunrise we went to check out the buffet breakfast. My husband really wanted waffles and we were on a mission to find some. When we failed that mission, and rather quickly I might add, we decided to go back to the cabin get ready for the day. At this point we had just thrown on a sweatshirt and pants to check out the sunrise. After we got ready we would head out to brunch, where we hoped to find waffles on the menu. In fact, to get him to brunch, I might have at this point assured him there would be waffles and because I would not chose to lie to my husband, I think I assured myself that there would be waffles as well.

In reality, I just wanted an excuse to have a mimosa.

We did end up going to brunch, and as the funny way the universe works sometimes - we were both let down. I never saw the "I'm on vacation so drinks at 8am are validated" menu, and was never offered to order from the bar, and there were also no waffles to be found either. Thanks universe, I learned my lesson.

We did have a lovely couple seated next to us, and again the seating arrangement was the same as the dinner with a 4 top/2 top/2top. We noticed that they had some trouble getting what they ordered - asking for pineapple juice and getting orange, asking for salsa and not getting any, etc. These were minor things, and our meal came out as expected with the only hiccup being that my coffee was refilled with regular, when I had been drinking decaf. My husband noticed and let me know when the waiter had left. I typically do not drink coffee at all since quitting it 2 years ago, and a cup of regular would have had be bouncing off the walls. Our meal was tasty, and it did not take long at all either. I had read some reviews where brunch can take quite a bit of time, but we did not experience this.

We were a little disappointed by brunch. I had planned to do it for both at sea days but after the first one, we didn't bother going back. We did get to order our mimosas (at almost $9 a pop :eek:)

Oh little Billy! I would have had to run out of that place because there would be no way my husband would have kept his mouth shut, lol.

And I work at a elementary school, so I would have been like "Don't they teach you to cover your mouth in kindergarten" :p

And I work at a elementary school, so I would have been like "Don't they teach you to cover your mouth in kindergarten" :p

I agree... I would have said something to the parents by the third cough. In fact, I would have probably shamed them out of returning to the MDR the rest of the week...

GREAT start to your review!! We're back on the Fascination in 18 days!

Oh my gosh, YES!! I thought I would have to wait until you were on Vista for another review! I left the Fascination feeling like we had left a friend. Your review will help me power through until the Triumph in October.

And this is a very excellent review. I'm strapped in and ready for the ride!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Oh little Billy! I would have had to run out of that place because there would be no way my husband would have kept his mouth shut, lol.

Haha, I am lucky my husband was as patient as he was. It may have had something to do with the margaritas...

OMG!! Never laughed so hard in my life!!! I totally feel for you guys but so glad it was you and not us ;) It's amazing how parents don't want to take responsibility for their kids. We would totally be sharing that story with everyone because like you, we're a-holes too ;);)

Hahah, YES! So glad we are not alone :D

We booked a quick 3 day cruise to do some more bar hopping in Nassau - we will miss you guys!

Hahah, YES! So glad we are not alone :D

We booked a quick 3 day cruise to do some more bar hopping in Nassau - we will miss you guys!

SO jealous! You should go to Senor Frogs and see if you can get someone to spill on your hubby. You know, to keep the tradition alive ;);)

Your review has been awesome! I couldn't figure how to get pictures on here, so I'm just letting you do all the work for me :p