Upsell or upgrade on Escape

2hearted

So, I have never done this or really even thought about it until I have seen all these upsell/upgrade posts. We are booked on the Escape on 3/26 and I have noticed there are still a lot of available rooms. However, my exact category (midship balcony BA) has not really gone down it price and I really don't have any interest in spending a lot to get into the Haven. My question is, how likely is it to just get bumped up to a mini suite at no extra charge and how do I go about doing that? Has anyone had any luck doing this and who did you call. I'm really not a fan of my TA and I doubt she would even put in the effort. Can I call NCL direct? I guess the worse thing that could happen is I'm stuck on a cruise ship with only a balcony room, how awful.

I would say your chances of getting anything free are next to zero. I would call the upsell number. How much is a lot to you? I booked the same week more than a year ago and got a good deal on two connecting balcony rooms for our family of four. Then we upgraded to two large balcony connecting rooms for $200 more total about six months ago. I called the upsell number yesterday and at first they said they had nothing. Then they offered me Haven Penthouse rooms for $1,000 pp more but not interested unless I could get connecting rooms because our kids are 8 and 11. Plus, I like the two 70 sqf balconies next to one another. Still, $1,000 pp to move from a balcony room to the Haven is not a bad deal. But if you wait, you could probably get a better one.

I had the same offer for the Penthouse. $1,000 pp is a fair deal since the going rate now is $9,000 total for two. However, the Haven to me is only worth maybe another $500 total since we honestly don't stay in our room other than just to sleep. I would feel too obligated to stay in the Haven and not enjoy the rest of the ship. I happen to enjoy big crowds and being in the middle of everything. So, I guess if I get that offer, which I have actually heard of people getting, or close to it, I will jump on it. Until then, I'll be happy with the common folks.

I had the same offer for the Penthouse. $1,000 pp is a fair deal since the going rate now is $9,000 total for two. However, the Haven to me is only worth maybe another $500 total since we honestly don't stay in our room other than just to sleep. I would feel too obligated to stay in the Haven and not enjoy the rest of the ship. I happen to enjoy big crowds and being in the middle of everything. So, I guess if I get that offer, which I have actually heard of people getting, or close to it, I will jump on it. Until then, I'll be happy with the common folks.

I just got an upsell email for March 12 2016 to upgrade to the haven 750 per person. Still cabins remaining for a sailing 3 days away (and spring break to boot)

The upsell number is 800-625-4309

Upsell and upgrade are usually just that,,, moving up for a small additional charge. Moving up to the Havens is usually a not-small additional charge (but cheaper than paying full price).

Anyone know the upset number that can be reached from Canada?

That one didn't work.