Best parking by cruise terminal?

Hi All,

We will be driving into Vancouver to embark on our cruise. We would like to park at the cruise terminal for the week. Are there any tips or tricks that you can offer? If we park early, can we drop off the luggage with the cruise line and rent bikes within walking distance? We've never left out of Vancouver before so this is new to us. Thank you. :)

Hi All,

We will be driving into Vancouver to embark on our cruise. We would like to park at the cruise terminal for the week. Are there any tips or tricks that you can offer? If we park early, can we drop off the luggage with the cruise line and rent bikes within walking distance? We've never left out of Vancouver before so this is new to us. Thank you. :)

There is only one parking place at the pier. If your early enough I would use the Park n Fly at the Vancouver Airport . You don't say where your driving from or arriving the day before . The taxi to the pier is a fixed rate of $35 CDN . The last time we took a taxi to the airport from the pier a fixed rate $35 Cdn.

If your arriving a day early . There are a number of hotels near the airport that have up 14 days parking with a 1 night stay. One hotel "Stay and Save " has a package with hotel , parking and transfers to/from the pier.

Thank you for your response. We will be driving up from Everett WA. We have plenty of time and will not be coming in a day early to Vancouver. I would prefer convenience over cost so if we can park close enough to the cruise terminal to walk there with two roller type pieces of luggage I would prefer to do that even if it costs more than off-site parking with a cab ride etc. That said, we would like to drop off the luggage and rent bikes for half a day to do some site seeing. Thanks for any and all tips.

Thank you for your response. We will be driving up from Everett WA. We have plenty of time and will not be coming in a day early to Vancouver. I would prefer convenience over cost so if we can park close enough to the cruise terminal to walk there with two roller type pieces of luggage I would prefer to do that even if it costs more than off-site parking with a cab ride etc. That said, we would like to drop off the luggage and rent bikes for half a day to do some site seeing. Thanks for any and all tips.

Do keep in mind to leave extra time for the border crossing and rush hour traffic into Vancouver (Mon to Fri between 6AM and 9 AM).

You might want to reconsider your same day arrival plan. Parking at the cruise terminal is VERY expensive. You could arrive early the day before, stay at a downtown "cruise and park" hotel for about $150.00 or so with free secured parking for the length of the cruise, food voucher, one-way taxi to terminal, and rental bicycles close by. Try the Coast Plaza Hotel and check out their package. :)

...VTX-Al

You might want to reconsider your same day arrival plan. Parking at the cruise terminal is VERY expensive. You could arrive early the day before, stay at a downtown "cruise and park" hotel for about $150.00 or so with free secured parking for the length of the cruise, food voucher, one-way taxi to terminal, and rental bicycles close by. Try the Coast Plaza Hotel and check out their package. :)

...VTX-Al

Thank you. I just checked rates at the West Park Canada Place and it's 190CND for seven days. That's total price including fees ,taxes, etc. That's cheaper than our airport at home! The convenience is well worth the price. I think we'll drop off the luggage with the cruise line and walk over to the bike rental place across the slip, assuming the weather cooperates of course!