Dynamic Dining on Anthem

How is Dynamic Dining working out lately on the Anthem. Can you make reservations easily? I just booked on the Anthem, and Classic Dynamic Dining is closed. I was defaulted to Dynamic Dining.

Can reservations be made on line easily or are they usually closed?

If they are closed, has anyone had luck making dinner reservations after you boarded? When we were on the Quantum, we booked the cruise early and had no trouble making reservations on line. This Anthem booking was just made 122 days prior to sailing so i am concerned we won't be able to dine in the 4 Dynamic Dining Restaurants.

Guest maddycat

Since you are booked, go to RCI's website and sign in with your reservation #. Book your dining reservations. You might not get the times that you want but I would book the complimentary restaurants anyway. You can always change your reservations once on board.

Since you are booked, go to RCI's website and sign in with your reservation #. Book your dining reservations. You might not get the times that you want but I would book the complimentary restaurants anyway. You can always change your reservations once on board.

We've been doing that on Anthem currently getting earlier times that weren't available when we booked just a month before cruise.

This Anthem booking was just made 122 days prior to sailing so i am concerned we won't be able to dine in the 4 Dynamic Dining Restaurants.

You will be able to dine at any of them - the only issue is at what time and how long you may need to wait (if you don't have a reservation). There seems to be wide ranging dates when reservations open for dinning - you might ask on your roll call how long it's been open, if at all. You have time to book something and then also you can book something when you get onboard.

Can reservations be made on line easily or are they usually closed?

If they are closed, has anyone had luck making dinner reservations after you boarded? When we were on the Quantum, we booked the cruise early and had no trouble making reservations on line. This Anthem booking was just made 122 days prior to sailing so i am concerned we won't be able to dine in the 4 Dynamic Dining Restaurants.

DD Reservations will open up approximately 90 days prior to departure. You just have to keep checking.

Guest maddycat
DD Reservations will open up approximately 90 days prior to departure. You just have to keep checking.

I made our DD reservations for our Oct. 2016 Anthem cruise a couple weeks ago. That's 8 months before the cruise.

Edited by maddycat

I made our DD reservations for our Oct. 2016 Anthem cruise a couple weeks ago. That's 8 months before the cruise.

And I was able to make reservations for our April 8th Anthem cruise April of 2015......12 months prior to the cruise. Other's on our roll call were not able to make reservations until 90 days from departure. Go figure.

Edited by cruisenfever

We are sailing Anthem in January, 2017. I can't make reservations for dinners yet. I am confused as I thought I wouldn't be able to do shore or dinner reservations until after the final payment is due. Am I missing something here? Someone stated they made reservations 8 months out?:confused:

We are sailing Anthem in January, 2017. I can't make reservations for dinners yet. I am confused as I thought I wouldn't be able to do shore or dinner reservations until after the final payment is due. Am I missing something here? Someone stated they made reservations 8 months out?:confused:

Final Payment has nothing to do with making reservations. You can make reservations as soon as they open up. Just keep checking your Cruise Planner.

If you are a party of 2, or even 4, you should have No problem with a walkup unless you go at the really busy time of like 6:30-7:30. I never waited at all.

Even if you can't get a reservation online at the time you want, you will likely have better luck once onboard. They don't open ALL the reservations online--a good number are left for those booking onboard.

I would say, if you need to book something around entertainment, or for a special occasion, try to book that in advance. Otherwise, you can probably "go with the flow" without any problem.

I made my reservations for the April 8 Anthem in November and they kept getting cancelled. I had to rebook them 5 Times! They have not been cancelled since January. Fingers crossed!

That's a good reminder to others - even after you have your reservations set, check them once in a while to ensure they didn't get cancelled. Bring a printed copy of your schedule in case they don't transfer to the ship properly.

I am travelling on the Anthem in June, we have never used DD before. We had four reservations booked in our planner, but this morning they have been cancelled with the message to book onboard instead - its very frustrating! I wanted the peace of mind to know that I had certain evening's meals booked.

Final Payment has nothing to do with making reservations. You can make reservations as soon as they open up. Just keep checking your Cruise Planner.

Went to my cruise planner today to see if I could make dynamic dining reservations and it said: "Uh oh. It looks like you’re trying to reserve a product too far ahead or too close to your sail date. If you have several weeks to go, try reserving closer to your sail date. If you’re sailing soon, please try to reserve this product once you’re onboard."

We sail January 14, 2017 - must be too early?:confused:

We sail January 14, 2017 - must be too early?:confused:

While on other ships, reservations usually open at 90 days out, on Quantum class, it seems to be all over the place not just for a particular sailing but for different cruisers on the same sailing.

Recommend you focus first on entertainment where there are limited performances and then schedule dining around them. Allow yourself 45 minutes to get to show venue to ensure a good seat.

Tried to book dining for my 3 cabins on the 6/16 sailng online last month. Got all the way through, but system wouldn't let me check out. Called Royal and they entered them for me. Received email confirm but next day they all disappeared. Called again and spent another hour putting them back in. Received another confirm, but again they later disappeared. Called Royal a third time and so far, so good but I don't trust them one bit. Had similar issues last year with Quantum. Disgraceful that after 18 months of dd they still can't get the system to work.

Recommend you focus first on entertainment where there are limited performances and then schedule dining around them. Allow yourself 45 minutes to get to show venue to ensure a good seat.

Tried to book dining for my 3 cabins on the 6/16 sailng online last month. Got all the way through, but system wouldn't let me check out. Called Royal and they entered them for me. Received email confirm but next day they all disappeared. Called again and spent another hour putting them back in. Received another confirm, but again they later disappeared. Called Royal a third time and so far, so good but I don't trust them one bit. Had similar issues last year with Quantum. Disgraceful that after 18 months of dd they still can't get the system to work.

When you called, what number did you use. There was a number for Dynamic Dining only, but i can't locate it. Could you please let me know. Thanks.

</script>>

How is Dynamic Dining working out lately on the Anthem. Can you make reservations easily? I just booked on the Anthem, and Classic Dynamic Dining is closed. I was defaulted to Dynamic Dining.

Hi, hard to believe classic is booked up in Oct. 16...Probably will cause chaos in dynamic dining unless reservations are made soon. Glad we made ours a couple of weeks ago. all done for Oct. 29th!!!

I heard rumors that they may do away with Classic Dynamic Dining? Anyone know if this is true.

Thanx.

When you called, what number did you use. There was a number for Dynamic Dining only, but i can't locate it. Could you please let me know. Thanks.

I don't believe there's a special number for DD - just the regular number.

Hi, hard to believe classic is booked up in Oct. 16...Probably will cause chaos in dynamic dining unless reservations are made soon. Glad we made ours a couple of weeks ago. all done for Oct. 29th!!!

I heard rumors that they may do away with Classic Dynamic Dining? Anyone know if this is true.

There's no reason to believe DD Classic will go away.

What you see online and what is really available could be two different things. RCI's IT system glitches can explain away a lot of things. DD Classic slots are limited due to the logistics (section of each venue is reserved and waiters move around) and space (you can't fit everyone on the ship with just two sittings). There's no chaos - they've had over a year to work out the bugs and most folks report that it works reasonably well. Now, there are traditionalists that don't like it, but that's a different matter.

I am travelling on the Anthem in June, we have never used DD before. We had four reservations booked in our planner, but this morning they have been cancelled with the message to book onboard instead - its very frustrating! I wanted the peace of mind to know that I had certain evening's meals booked.

I waited several days and have re-attemped these bookings today with success!!:o

I am pleased to be able to schedule the restaurant times around the showtimes we have booked......only now the showtime for Spectra has changed too from 9pm to midnight! I am not sure that a show will be on that late so will just wait a few days again to see if it rectifies itself.:confused:

We r cruising on the Anthem Nov. 10. We already were able to make reservations 2 weeks ago. Keep checking or call.