Upgrade/upsell, whatever the fairy, she called today!

Congrat's!! That upsell/uprade fairy sure is sneaky. What category were you in before the call, if you don't mind me asking?

Happy for you!

D1 or D2, cabin #9312. I'm diamond but that had no bearing. Again, I asked. She said she had a list of reservations to call. She also said if someone didn't answer she would not leave a voicemail. She'd simply move to the next number.

Cathy

Our one experience with the Upsell Fairy wasn't positive. We attribute this to her not being very smart.

The fairy called to offer a $400+ suite upgrade for a cruise that we were already on and more than halfway through. :eek:

Our one experience with the Upsell Fairy wasn't positive. We attribute this to her not being very smart.

The fairy called to offer a $400+ suite upgrade for a cruise that we were already on and more than halfway through. :eek:

Good grief!

Cathy

Back in 2014, a few weeks before our Freedom cruise, a price watching website beeped on my phone at 2 am showing a huge price drop in JS's. We were in an E2. I called to upgrade to a JS for $100 total (7 day) and got the double points! Cathy

What website is that?

Thanks

Laurie

For our upcoming Explorer 13N out of Sydney, received an email from C&A offering upgrade from our IC to OV. No $ were mentioned and had to call.

Called and we were able to upgrade to OV and could select from a small choice of available cabins for A$370 total, so that's like $14.20 each per day, so maybe $10 per day in greenbacks :)

Welcome to an OV :D Now I have done this without DW's knowledge & I am planning on keeping it a surprise - on this cruise it will be our 35th wedding anniversary!! My only concern it that I have to get her to sign again the docs, and there's a slight chance she might notice the different cabin, or maybe the luggage tags??

Is that a hint? I cant figure out website

google 'monitor cruise prices' and you will get a selection

cruisecritic also has this feature on the community homepage. Look at the taskbar on top for 'deals'/'price drop'

Edited by marci22