Ship's time vs Cozumel time

smd247

Not to worry. The local vendors know what time the ship is on and will the times they offer are on the same time. If time is important to you, be sure to have a watch that you can set to local/ship time. Do not use your phone's time.

If time is important to you, be sure to have a watch that you can set to local/ship time. Do not use your phone's time.

No, if time is important to you, do not set your phone to auto-update the time. Absolutely no worries using a properly configured phone for a clock, been doing that for years without any problems.

In my experiences on NCL they always switch to local time. As a previous poster mentioned, they always send a note to the room the evening prior. Also keep in mind that Cozumel is a tender port and you need to leave extra time to get back on the ship when planning excursions on your own.

No, if time is important to you, do not set your phone to auto-update the time. Absolutely no worries using a properly configured phone for a clock, been doing that for years without any problems.

It was good advice. Not everyone knows where to find the setting to change their phone's time.

That said, when your phone is in airplane mode and does not connect to a cellular network or wi-fi network, it isn't able to update time to match network time.

Also keep in mind that Cozumel is a tender port and you need to leave extra time to get back on the ship when planning excursions on your own.

Cozumel isn't a tender port...ships docks there. The tender ports on the (current) Getaway itinerary are Grand Cayman and GSC.

I have a question along the same lines, so if the ship changes time the night before...

if the cruise itinerary says at 11:00 AM... does that mean local Cozumel time, or EST?

Cozumel is on EST year round now, so they are the same.

Edited by Mistizoom

I have a question along the same lines, so if the ship changes time the night before...

if the cruise itinerary says at 11:00 AM... does that mean local Cozumel time, or EST?

Cozumel is on EST year round now, so they are the same.

Not in June. They don't observe Daylight Savings Time, so after this weekend until next fall, Cozumel will be 1 hour behind Miami.

Cozumel will be on Eastern Standard Time (EST)

Miami is the one that will change, they will be on Eastern Daylight Time (EDT)

Edited by Mistizoom

I understand that after this weekend, Miami will be on Eastern Daylight Time, and Cozumel will be on Eastern Standard Time (one hour behind Miami). From everything I have been reading about Norwegian, they will adjust the ship time to MATCH the port time while in Cozumel. So, if the itinerary says the ship docks at 8am, that will be 8am Cozumel time. Correct? I called NCL, and they were not even sure! Thanks!