Ventura N608

Ess001

Hi - I am booked on this cruise in March. I have heard that there is a spiritualist/mediums convention on board which isnt mentioned in any P&O literature. Anyone heard of this, or been on a cruise with a similar event? I am assuming that they will hold their 'events' in private rooms and not impact on theatre/shows etc?

Thanks

Ess

Have you called P&O to ask them about this ?

We were once on a Princess cruise that had a large group (over 300) of Mormons on board for a conference and they did on several sea days take over one of the lounges, so reducing the public areas for everyone else but as far as I was concerned there was still plenty of room for all of the activities taking place. I would not book a cruise with a large group on board if I was aware before booking but if I found out after booking I would not be too concerned.

It all depends on what proportion of passengers are with the group. There are about 3000 people on Ventura and a group of about 300 is just 10%. I should be concerned if there were approaching 1000 myself. The group described will not have as much impact as Chumley Bears would. It might be a bit different to what you have previously experienced but could be interesting.

Regards John

I'm booked on this cruise too and did a bit of googling and found that there is a cruise scheduled on Ventura, but it's 18th May...

http://www.focustravel.co.uk/psychiccruise.html

So I "foresee" that we'll be okay!!

Karen

I just took a look at the link and I saw that we wil be able to judge exactly how good they are as psychics, it seems that Geurnsey will change its name to Geurnsey before the cruise. :D:D:D

To update you, and those that may also be on Ventura n608. P&O have confirmed that there is indeed a spiritualist group on this cruise. It has been arranged by a TA, not P&O and as such there will be no impact on our cruise entertainment.

Ess

I am not sure I agree that there will be no impact on the cruise for passengers who are not involved in the events associated with the psychic cruise. I looked at the website about the May cruise and among other things there are

closed door workshops, Q&A sessions with celebrity guests and hosted platform shows.

These will be in some venues which will naturally be out of bounds for other passengers and could mean less activities taking place, but then it is a four night cruise with two ports so maybe not too much disruption?

http://www.focustravel.co.uk/psychic-cruise.html