Barcelona Hotels

Mr305

I hate to hop on somebody else's post but I figured ya'll were giving such good advice maybe ya'll could help me. We're leaving on the 6/3 cruise and just now trying to book a room in Barcelona. We didn't know how many nights we'd need, etc until now. We'll need 5/30-6/3 so 4 nights. We'll have 2 young kids with us. Everywhere suggested is already booked and I'm afraid of booking in a sketchy neighborhood. We don't know yet what we'll be doing but I'm sure we'll do a day at the beach and maybe a couple tours. I know the kids want to do a double decker bus if they have 1. Recommendations on hotels? What area? We need affordable so not $200/night preferable.

TIA!

I hate to hop on somebody else's post but I figured ya'll were giving such good advice maybe ya'll could help me. We're leaving on the 6/3 cruise and just now trying to book a room in Barcelona. We didn't know how many nights we'd need, etc until now. We'll need 5/30-6/3 so 4 nights. We'll have 2 young kids with us. Everywhere suggested is already booked and I'm afraid of booking in a sketchy neighborhood. We don't know yet what we'll be doing but I'm sure we'll do a day at the beach and maybe a couple tours. I know the kids want to do a double decker bus if they have 1. Recommendations on hotels? What area? We need affordable so not $200/night preferable.

TIA!

If you are comfortable renting an apartment try http://www.habitatapartments.com. They are reputable and recommended on tripadvisor. They speak English and are very good about communication (within the time difference). We have one of their 2 bedrooms rented for 6 nights pre-cruise in June.

We were going to stay at the Hotel Continental but they didn't have any balcony rooms available prior to our October 1st sailing. Maybe next time. Instead, we're staying closer to the airport at the Hotel FrontAir Congress. It has free airport shuttles, a shuttle to downtown and one to the pier. I haven't seen any bad reviews on it other than people saying that there are not many amenities. But, like I said, we aren't looking for amenities. We want a bed to sleep in and access to Barcelona during the day.

We were going to stay at the Hotel Continental but they didn't have any balcony rooms available prior to our October 1st sailing. Maybe next time. Instead, we're staying closer to the airport at the Hotel FrontAir Congress. It has free airport shuttles, a shuttle to downtown and one to the pier. I haven't seen any bad reviews on it other than people saying that there are not many amenities. But, like I said, we aren't looking for amenities. We want a bed to sleep in and access to Barcelona during the day.

The Hotel Colon was SO AMAZING- I would have traded in my last Med. Cruise for a week in that hotel. Amazing top floor terrace that was bigger than my hotel room overlooking the Plaza. This hotel is worth it! Especially since I got a free upgrade! This time staying in the Gaudi Hotel.

Recently booked the Barcelona Unviversal Hotel through Carnival......was only $160 for a Deluxe triple room and had loads of great reviews on TripAdvisor

Close to Las Ramblas, the port , a subway stop right nearby, lots of restaurants close and a great hotel with nice rooms

We are booked at the TRYP Apolo through Carnival. Looks like it's near everything. Reviews are mixed I hope Carnival select good hotels for pre & post cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We are booked at the TRYP Apolo through Carnival. Looks like it's near everything. Reviews are mixed I hope Carnival select good hotels for pre & post cruisers.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

We choose the Tryp Apolo Hotel through Carnival as well. I plan on reporting back with details and photos in a post cruise photo review. We sail May 14th, 2016. Not sure your sail date but look for my review starting around May 25th.

We choose the Tryp Apolo Hotel through Carnival as well. I plan on reporting back with details and photos in a post cruise photo review. We sail May 14th, 2016. Not sure your sail date but look for my review starting around May 25th.

I'm looking forward to your review! We chose the Tryp Apolo for our September cruise too...but, ours puts us in Barcelona during their annual La Merce festival. It's going to be interesting to see what Barcelona is like with 2 million people descending on it for the festivities.

We're booked at Hostal Grau, very near Las Ramblas and appears to be in easy walking distance of most sites and convenient to the metro. We're also traveling with our daughters (8,16) and were able to book a two bedroom family suite for a very reasonable rate.

Next cruise: Carnival Vista - July 2016

We stayed at Arc La Rambla in 2012 for the Magic TA and it was great! Had a front room with a little balcony. The only drawback was that when my husband woke up early, didn't realize it was 3am, he went out to smoke a cigar downstairs. He was asked by 2 lovely ladies if he wanted to party. He politely told them no and came back upstairs.

We are staying there again this year for the TA. We are taking the train to Marseilles on the 17th from Barcelona for 2 days before heading back to Barcelona for the cruise. I wanted to see Chateau D'ffe.

• 2 weeks later...
Recently booked the Barcelona Unviversal Hotel through Carnival......was only $160 for a Deluxe triple room and had loads of great reviews on TripAdvisor

Close to Las Ramblas, the port , a subway stop right nearby, lots of restaurants close and a great hotel with nice rooms

I was there 3 days before you posted this prior to my last cruise! Nice hotel. 12 minute walk to the port. I'd certainly use again.

Edited by les37b

Have a look at Hotel Jazz at the top end of las Ramblas. We stayed there 2 years ago and are staying there this year. It is really handy, has a great breakfast and also a lovely good sized pool and terrace. You can check it out on trip advisor as well for good reviews [emoji1]

We are also staying at Hotel Jazz with 2 other couples and we are on the same cruise as you are!!!

Kellie

I'm looking forward to your review! We chose the Tryp Apolo for our September cruise too...but, ours puts us in Barcelona during their annual La Merce festival. It's going to be interesting to see what Barcelona is like with 2 million people descending on it for the festivities.

Just wanted to give a quick update. We spent last night in the Tryp Apolo and had a wonderful nights sleep. We took the Carnival Port Transfer from the airport to the hotel and were checked in by 11:30 AM and got to our room before noon. I did see others having to check their luggage so I'm not sure if I was just lucky to get into my room early. Our room was great and not dated as other have posted (again we could have just been lucky to get an updated room), but you could hear conversations from other rooms at times. Our room did over look the back which we've heard is better than facing the main street for noise.

Location is excellent. Staff was fantastic answered all our questions and very helpful. Just finished breakfast which was included with our room and it was excellent. Now off to meet with our Port Transfer service and board Carnival Vista.

I'll post a couple of photos...

26727237990_59b679bcbe_z.jpg

26932609931_f87977cafb_z.jpg

26967881666_ac92c6a253_z.jpg

26907071022_c65be115fc_z.jpg

26395325084_b2ca858957_z.jpg

Ive booked this for the night before the cruise as we only arrive at 21:15 so amenities arent a priority. Im hoping the airport shuttle still runs at this time. Do you know how much the port shuttle costs?

Just wanted to give a quick update. We spent last night in the Tryp Apolo and had a wonderful nights sleep. We took the Carnival Port Transfer from the airport to the hotel and were checked in by 11:30 AM and got to our room before noon. I did see others having to check their luggage so I'm not sure if I was just lucky to get into my room early. Our room was great and not dated as other have posted (again we could have just been lucky to get an updated room), but you could hear conversations from other rooms at times. Our room did over look the back which we've heard is better than facing the main street for noise.

Location is excellent. Staff was fantastic answered all our questions and very helpful. Just finished breakfast which was included with our room and it was excellent. Now off to meet with our Port Transfer service and board Carnival Vista.

I'll post a couple of photos...

26727237990_59b679bcbe_z.jpg

26932609931_f87977cafb_z.jpg

26967881666_ac92c6a253_z.jpg

26907071022_c65be115fc_z.jpg

26395325084_b2ca858957_z.jpg

Thank you so much for your positive review and the photos. We're staying at the Tryp Apollo after our cruise for one night before returning home. We also booked with the transfers through CCL, so it was good to read that the process worked smoothly for you.

Thank you so much for your positive review and the photos. We're staying at the Tryp Apollo after our cruise for one night before returning home. We also booked with the transfers through CCL, so it was good to read that the process worked smoothly for you.

I see you are on the Vista in October 2016. We are on the October 1 sailing and are also staying at Tryp Apollo for 2 nights before our cruise, and are using the Carnival transfer as well. Just wondering if you were going to be there the same night?

I see you are on the Vista in October 2016. We are on the October 1 sailing and are also staying at Tryp Apollo for 2 nights before our cruise, and are using the Carnival transfer as well. Just wondering if you were going to be there the same night?

No, we won't be in Barcelona at the same time. We're on the Oct. 11 sailing, right after yours.