Buying liquor for cabin

bobndee

I see on the Celebrity web site that it is possible to buy bottles of liquor via the "Gifts by Celebrity" process to be delivered to the cabin once aboard the ship.

The Gifts by Celebrity pages don't state bottle size. Some labels shown show 750mL while others show 1L. But we all know that one can't trust the labels to be accurate about what is actually delivered. :rolleyes:

I sent an email to Celebrity customer service asking this question but have not received any response. :eek:

Does anyone know the size of the bottles (eg: 750mL or 1L)?

I always get a 1 litre bottle of Jack Daniels but last trip I had to go to guest services to get it because their system did not put in a delivery time so no one could find it until I went to GS and they made it happen but I never did get the snacks that are supposed to come with it.:rolleyes:

I see on the Celebrity web site that it is possible to buy bottles of liquor via the "Gifts by Celebrity" process to be delivered to the cabin once aboard the ship.

The Gifts by Celebrity pages don't state bottle size. Some labels shown show 750mL while others show 1L. But we all know that one can't trust the labels to be accurate about what is actually delivered. :rolleyes:

I sent an email to Celebrity customer service asking this question but have not received any response. :eek:

Does anyone know the size of the bottles (eg: 750mL or 1L)?

It depends on where you are cruising. If out of the USA then it is 750ml OR 1L depending on what they have on hand. A few other countries bottle only in either liters or 1.14L sizes so you would get that. I got 1.14L out of Sydney for example.

Edited by az_tchr

It depends on where you are cruising. If out of the USA then it is 750ml OR 1L depending on what they have on hand. A few other countries bottle only in either liters or 1.14L sizes so you would get that. I got 1.14L out of Sydney for example.

It's a bit disappointing that Celebrity wouldn't make it clear what you will be buying. I guess they like to keep the passengers on their toes.

Best thing to do is call down to GS once onboard and place your order. It gets delivered straight to your cabin asap. It will come with your choice of mixers and a box of snacks. In my experience the bottles have been 1L size. Cost ranges from $80-120, depending on what kind of liquor. I order Dewars ($85) & receive six cans of soda, along with the snacks (peanuts and whatnot).

Well worth the cost - I enjoy a drink while dressing for dinner, and also late nights on the balcony.

Not clear when we have purchased in the past either. I think it was 1 liter bottle for Grey Goose, which is what we purchased. I can say it was nice to have in our cabin and allowed us to enjoy a nice drink on balcony when we wanted and not having to go to a bar and bring drink back. Have done that too though, on our next cruise with the drink package, we will not get the alcohol package delivered in the room as it cost, as I recall, $100 for the bottle, 6 cans of soda and some nuts.

Edited by shipshape sam