Rental car return in US from Vancouver

We are searching for a rental car agency that allows a one way rental back to Seattle. Unfortunately, Alamo is sold out for the desired date. We do not want to take the train but welcome other suggestions.

All of the major companies should allow this, but there can be a drop fee connected with this. Check out the websites and plug in your dates and locations.

If you would rather not drive yourselves there is a shuttle option called Quick Shuttle which is highly recommended on these forums. Our friend took it and loved it.

http://www.quickcoach.com/schedule.htm

+1 to what Karen said. I'll be very surprised if you can't find any major rental chain willing to rent you a one-way drop-fee-free if you wait until within a month or two of your date. All have downtown offices, $5-10 in a cab from the pier if you can't be bothered waiting for a shuttle.

There's also Bolt Bus and Greyhound, both of which are usually enough cheaper than Quickshuttle that paying for a cab on both ends still leaves you with cash in pocket if there are two of you (Bolt also has better buses than QS, with more legroom and free internet - QS have the weaselly-named 'Y-Fi' movie service so they can verbally tell you "we have Y-Fi on all our coaches" and it sounds like they have internet access...)

Thrifty is another car rental you can call.

I often see vehicles licensed from other provinces or states in their local fleets.

Another vote for $50 Quick Shuttle. Other buses means paying for additional transfers to the bus/train stations and airport.

Quick Shuttle offers 6 to 7 daily trips between Vancouver and Seattle's airport.

• 4 weeks later...

I haven't been able to find very many good reviews of quick shuttle. Some talk about a 4.5 hr. drive being turned into a 6 hour or more drive. I would like to take the shuttle but maybe the train would be better. Trains in our area of the country have a bad reputation for NEVER being on time. Breakdowns I guess can happen to any of them.

We are searching for a rental car agency that allows a one way rental back to Seattle. Unfortunately, Alamo is sold out for the desired date. We do not want to take the train but welcome other suggestions.

You didn't say what your date was, but we're going on the Celebrity Infinity May 11-22 and a one-way from Canada Place to Renton from Enterprise is $256 USD for a standard car. The train for that night is about $92@ plus $20@ bag over the four they allow.

I'd like to do the train, because we've never taken one before, but I'm not sure how we're going to schlep all our bags from the port terminal to the train station and then onto the train.

You didn't say what your date was, but we're going on the Celebrity Infinity May 11-22 and a one-way from Canada Place to Renton from Enterprise is $256 USD for a standard car. The train for that night is about $92@ plus $20@ bag over the four they allow.

I'd like to do the train, because we've never taken one before, but I'm not sure how we're going to schlep all our bags from the port terminal to the train station and then onto the train.

The train price went from $92 to 108, but the good news is that's for two people, not one.