Weather issues on Escape so skipping Nassau ....?

nrthrngal

[b[/b]Heard the March 5th sailing will be staying the night in St. Thomas and skipping Nassau (lucky imo). Anyone have any confirmation on this and man oh man do I ever wish it was my March 12th sailing...

Edited by nrthrngal
Spelling

It's already March 9th. :confused:

Im aware of that, thanks. I'm on the next sailing so wondering how bad it is in the USVI's and if it's expected to continue or affect the next sailing (mine) at all time wise. I know a lot of people on these boards know MUCH more than I do when it comes to things like that.

But thanks for pointing out I may have not known what day it was. All set now.

Yes but they wouldn't have hit Nassau yet, I don't think, right? But they should have already left St Thomas and been in Tortola I think.......

Yes it's Tortola first, then St. Thomas and then Nassau last. They're skipping Nassau and overnighting in St. Thomas. I'm wondering why? I heard it was weather.

Im aware of that, thanks. I'm on the next sailing so wondering how bad it is in the USVI's and if it's expected to continue or affect the next sailing (mine) at all time wise. I know a lot of people on these boards know MUCH more than I do when it comes to things like that.

:D I don't know what the weather will be like but I am with you on a sleepover in St Thomas. That would mean I could actually camp out in St John!

:D I don't know what the weather will be like but I am with you on a sleepover in St Thomas. That would mean I could actually camp out in St John!

That's all I want to do, go to St. John's!!! Never enough time when I'm there...

Yes it's Tortola first, then St. Thomas and then Nassau last. They're skipping Nassau and overnighting in St. Thomas. I'm wondering why? I heard it was weather.

Not sure. Just took a quick look on accuweather and it seems fine. Mid to high 70s, winds capping out at 12 mph over the next few days.....so now I'd love to know why they're skipping it too. How'd you hear about it?

That's all I want to do, go to St. John's!!! Never enough time when I'm there...

LITERALLY my favorite place on earth..or at least of all the places I've visited. I never stay in St Thomas and I always go on my own as the ship tour costs are ridiculous and time limiting. I was on Celebrity last November and shared a van cab with a few from the Escape who did it on their own too. It is GORGEOUS....you must go!

Sorry, about that. I misread your original post.

Not sure. Just took a quick look on accuweather and it seems fine. Mid to high 70s, winds capping out at 12 mph over the next few days.....so now I'd love to know why they're skipping it too. How'd you hear about it?

Person on my roll call, her husbands daughter or something? She's on board currently so maybe there's bad weather in the forecast for the way to Nassau, that would've been bad enough to make this with doing. They should have left Tortola at 3 pm and then arriving in Nassau at noon on Friday..???

Sorry guys, it's St. Thomas Tuesday, Tortola today (maybe they went back to st. Thomas) and Nassau Friday.

According to marinetraffic, the ship is on its way to Nassau and due to arrive on Friday as it should.

Is there a chance it was another ship in St. Thomas because she insists they're not heading to Nassau...🤔

According to marinetraffic, the ship is on its way to Nassau and due to arrive on Friday as it should.

But I think that position was received 5 hours ago. When I hover over the ship, that's what it says. Status is underway using engine but that was received 5 hours, 35 minutes ago. Although the Gem appears to be slightly ahead of the Escape and her last position was apparently 5 hours, 46 minutes ago.

Edited by cml4958

This may be completely unrelated, but I'm pretty sure there is a post here somewhere that the Escape had to be rerouted to Nassau earlier this week for a medical emergency but then continued on as scheduled. Possibly the change in schedule could be related to this?

Edited by anniev3

But I think that position was received 5 hours ago. When I hover over the ship, that's what it says. Status is underway using engine but that was received 5 hours, 35 minutes ago. Although the Gem appears to be slightly ahead of the Escape and her last position was apparently 5 hours, 46 minutes ago.

Is there a way (or person here on CC that would be able to sort this out?) something about that the time it said that it was sailing seems off to me. Anyone know one of those members on here who can always sort out where the sips are and the weather?