Tired of Carnival Getting Blamed for Things Beyond Their Control

JAGR

I reading through this thread and this is off-topic, but I have seen 3 posts that are advertisements. One for tablets, one about the richest person and the last about minivans. Anyone else seeing these? These ads are not supposed to be on the thread, correct?

Personally, I quite enjoy the people who complain about stupid things.

It is a source of entertainment while waiting for the dinner buzzer to go off. On the breeze, anytime dining we waited in the atrium by guest services with a drink a couple of nights.

It was hilarious, one day we missed grand turk because of the wind and swells. People went nuts. Asking for compensation, free drinks and also giving their opinion on why we really didn't port that day.

I had a lovely day in the hot tub, then read a book and took a nap. Then ready for dinner, spent 20 minutes hearing borish complaints from the disgruntled few.

While waiting in the longest debarkation line ever on Royal's Explorer of the seas a couple of years ago I listened to the 2 gentlemen in front of me stating how happy they were.

Man#1- Could be worse I guess, we could be on Norwegian.

Man#2- haha yeah, or Carnival

Both- hahahahaha

Man#1-You've sailed Carnival?

Man#2-Me? Oh, no....have heard too many bad things...you wouldn't catch me on Carnival.

Man#1-Yeah, me either.

Actual conversation....I was stunned. Neither had sailed NCL or Carnival but both were convinced Royal was better and they would never try NCL/Carnival. :confused:

While waiting in the longest debarkation line ever on Royal's Explorer of the seas a couple of years ago I listened to the 2 gentlemen in front of me stating how happy they were.

Man#1- Could be worse I guess, we could be on Norwegian.

Man#2- haha yeah, or Carnival

Both- hahahahaha

Man#1-You've sailed Carnival?

Man#2-Me? Oh, no....have heard too many bad things...you wouldn't catch me on Carnival.

Man#1-Yeah, me either.

Actual conversation....I was stunned. Neither had sailed NCL or Carnival but both were convinced Royal was better and they would never try NCL/Carnival. :confused:

Reminds me of conversation between two 10 year old boys seeing a couple kissing...

Eww...kissing a girl

Yuck

Who wants to kiss a girl...

Not me

Me neither

Edited by Elaine5715

I never know if people who complain constantly are truly just unhappy people or whether they feel complaining makes them appear more sophisticated or knowledgeable.

I think you may be on to something here with them thinking they are sophisticated or knowledgeable :)

DH and I have commented the same thing with people who are gossiping or complaining on their cell phones in public places ... it just screams "I'm soooo very important in case you didn't notice" LOL

Companies need to stop letting complainers benefit from complaining... they should be giving more perks to people who don't complain or give rave reviews :rolleyes:

I bet if Carnival started giving out 50% coupons for reporting positive experiences, people would suddenly start experiencing things a bit more positively.

But, they would probably then complain because it was only 50% of the cruise fare, not taxes and port fees... ;)

I took a bit of poetic license, but you took it too far. Ice is not an assumption when you have a refrigerator. All you have to do is ask for it. You actually said it yourself, The steward can provide it, but he is not Kreskin! The fellow who got ice once admitted he never mentioned to his steward that he wanted ice. As for the glutton with sensitive taste buds, I did not mention that he was a virtual chain-smoking chimney. I doubt he had taste buds, and others mentioned they liked the prime rib and the lobster. And three tries on the lobster before you move onto to another entree (that you also didn't like!). Are you the kind of man that comes across a sign on a bench saying "Wet Paint. Do Not Touch," and you touch it to check? And then you come back five minutes to check it again? And then you dutifully come back minutes later to repeat it? I hope you are aren't a leader, unless you are lemming. But this guy could very well have been the king of lemmings.

I agree with your response. Sunday I will be going on my 14th cruise with Carnival and if you are getting upset about not enough ice in your glass, please, please don't book a cruise that I am on in the future. #travelbrat

This happens with every cruise line it seems, not just Carnival. You will find people that blame the weather, the ports, the type of people, etc on the cruise line.

There are too many people out there that can't enjoy a cruise without complaining.

Many of those folks can't enjoy LIFE without complaining. ;)

Got off a wonderful cruise on March 5th that went to Key West, Grand Cayman and Cozumel. This was our ninth cruise, all with Carnival. We have been on every other Conquest class ship, so now we can say we've seen them all. I'm just starting to get a bit fed up with over the top negative behavior and comments from people who apparently are mired in vats of pessimism. If you look to have fun, you will have it. Look for "life altering" negative experiences, and you will surely find nothing good to say.

As far as fellow passengers, 95% were fine. There was a large group of students from Ohio University on break. My wife and I are both alums, so it was nice talking with them, and I think they appreciated our OU stories from the prehistoric past. There were a few other schools on early break, but very few small children (maybe thirty or forty at most). It was also a Spring Break for us, in a way. My wife is a professor, so we cruise every year at this time of the year because her school is on break.

One of the reasons I like Carnival is that it draws an eclectic crowd, that for the most part wants to have fun. I view Carnival like the Dollar Car Rental brand of cruise lines. They won't pick you up like Enterprise, or reward you with upgrades like Hertz. They will give you a solid, clean vessel that you can have fun with, IF you decide to have fun. It is up to you, though.

While most everybody we met on deck, in port, or at dinner was genuinely friendly and having a good time, there is a small cadre of individuals who only found something to complain about. For the most part, the unhappy campers congregated near the comfortable chairs on the smoking side of the Panorama Deck (I know! It's a filthy habit and I need to stop! I will, I swear!). As the witches and warlocks gather, they each do a ritual preening of themselves and then proceed to one-up the horror stories of others.

Example conversation: Witch #1: "I've sailed on 20 Carnival cruises, and this is the worst. I only got ice once a day the last two days!" Warlock #1: "Oh, you think you have it bad. I'm Platinum on Carnival and Princess, and I'm Four-Star Mariner on HAL, and I've never been treated worse. My prime rib was tough, and all three lobster tails I ordered were mushy. I think we ought to take over the ship, hold the captain hostage until they cook lobster right." Witch #2: "Oh, I wish I had mushy lobster!" "I came up with Oceania, Crystal and Seabourn Cruise lines, and Carnival PAYS ME just to get me to sail on her, but this is the final straw. I didn't get much ice in my drink, and then a lady in a walker cut-me off and almost knocked me on the ground! I'm going to sue Carnival!" Me: "Are you saying Carnival is responsible for the actions of a woman and her walker? Witch #2: "Yeah, I am! They let her on board, didn't they? And what are you doing smiling??? You're not one of us, are you?" Me: "No, but I do have big hands!" Head Warlock: "Okay, let's all go down to Guest Services to complain. Hurry! If you can log your complaint before the half cruise mark, I hear that Carnival has to pay money, or credits for future cruises that we won't like either!"

We wouldn't let the harpies take us down to their level. We had some things go wrong, but they were minor in the whole.

If only they do develop a manual for walker users so they don't almost run down the professional keeners and moaners. Almost doesn't count. They should be able to easily take their target down quickly and quietly!

They must be related to the ones that just posted a Sunshine review complaining about older people cruising and all the walkers and wheelchairs! Sheesh, seriously?? Fly to a resort somewhere if it's that bad. People never cease to amaze me. These folks may not have many years left, let them enjoy what they do have, they deserve it. But God forbid one of them have a catastrophic event and inconvenience the other passengers. Never mind that could happen just as easily with a 40 year old! Sounds like you had some of them on your cruise too!

Cruising is the best thing for my Canadian $! Has brought so many happy family vacations. Started out thinking how would it work with kids and dredding it, like alot of other vacations that were ok, but HELL no cruising is awesome! If we wait a decade my kids will be grown and gone, i want the experiences now. I could care less about the exchange, by far the best bang for our buck.

Cheers and keep on cruising!

What I have learned through time when staying at hotels is that when staying at hotels or in a ship cabin is that when things are not right, then pick up the phone and see what you can get done to make it right.

I had a lesson from an employee at a Mariott hotel.

There had been a problem that I had called about and got an "I'm sorry"

When I called back the next day for another problem she asked me what they had done for me so far. When I told her I got a sorry, she told me that they had not done much and comped me for a night.

Don't get mad.

Get things right.

That said, I did have a problem with Carnival that I could not resolve started a thread on here about it. After that it was magically resolved.