Anthem - self disembarkation

Hello! If we self-disembark Anthem, do you think I can make a 10:30 a.m. flight out of Newark? To those who have self-disembarked before on Anthem or at the Cape Liberty port, can you please share your experience?

THANK YOU!!!

I did it Monday. Walked off the ship 7:25 and was outside in 15 mins. Was at Newark at 8:25.

Switched my 12:30 flight to a 10:55.

But soooo many things can slow any of this down you really should have a back up plan if you are going to do it.

Do they give you a time slot to disembark? What's the latest you can leave? Thanks

If you are doing self-disembark, then ,no, you don't usually get a time slot - can walk off about any time (most folks do this to disembark real early). Otherwise, yes, you get a number (the last night of the cruise) and you are supposed to disembark when that number if called. You might be able to stay till about 10, but by that time you'll be hearing your name on the PA system.:cool:

Edited by Biker19

I have cruised out of that port many times. Usually, everything goes smoothly and you can get off pretty quickly if you are in line early and ready to go. A couple times, there have been delays. No official reason other than crew members blaming it on the port workers not being there, or not being enough of them, etc.

Also depends which day you are leaving the ship. If it's a weekend, traffic isn't so bad. If it is a weekday, you may hit traffic both near the port area and getting into/around Newark airport.

You will be ok as long as nothing goes wrong. If there is a delay, 10:30am may not be doable. I would not book a flight that early out of Newark.

ps since there are a lot of local people on these cruises, A LOT of them seem to do self-disembark. On one cruise we got into the self-disembark line 20 minutes early and the line literally stretched from mid ship all the way around the back and up again on an outside deck. That day we were delayed. I am assuming it was because the port workers 'weren't ready' and the people who would have normally gotten off first were held back.

Edited by marci22

I did it Monday. Walked off the ship 7:25 and was outside in 15 mins. Was at Newark at 8:25.

Switched my 12:30 flight to a 10:55.

But soooo many things can slow any of this down you really should have a back up plan if you are going to do it.

Hi Matt!

The CTN disembarkation was unusually fast because we didn't go anywhere. I've never gotten off a ship in the US so quickly! Basically I just walked off through the maze to customs/immigration where they just collected your form and glanced at your passport. Normally it takes a bit longer, but it's still fast. IMO the potential bottleneck is getting through the traffic to EWR.

We walked right off at about 7:30 or so and were back home west of Philly by 9:30. There were about 5 people in front of us in customs, otherwise we would have never stopped moving. Best experience ever. Another big consideration is what the situation is like at the airport at the time regarding the lines at TSA. Enjoy your cruise!

We just did self-disembark on the 3-night cruise and info received said disembark anytime between 6:30 and 7:30am. Whenever you were ready. Not sure if that was special to CTN. And most of those sailing seemed to be driving. Went pretty fast since they did not look at customs form since we did not leave the ship.