YC 1 too small for 5?

ginger123snaps

So I'm really nervous. We had a 2 bedroom haven suite on NCL and that was good. In the yacht club its our only option for our sailing. For those that have sailed it...is it too small for 2 adults and 3 children (ages 8, 8, and 7). We do spend a decent amount of time in our cabin so its not like we would be there just to sleep.

I'm also hesitant because I'm hearing that the waterside is off limits for my kids ages...you have to be 9 and this was confirmed by MSC. Now, I'm wondering...what else does divina have to offer for kids...besides a pool? On the escape we had the ropes course, putt putt, shuffle board, ping pong tables, water park. Just wondering if they will get bored?

So I'm really nervous. We had a 2 bedroom haven suite on NCL and that was good. In the yacht club its our only option for our sailing. For those that have sailed it...is it too small for 2 adults and 3 children (ages 8, 8, and 7). We do spend a decent amount of time in our cabin so its not like we would be there just to sleep.

I'm also hesitant because I'm hearing that the waterside is off limits for my kids ages...you have to be 9 and this was confirmed by MSC. Now, I'm wondering...what else does divina have to offer for kids...besides a pool? On the escape we had the ropes course, putt putt, shuffle board, ping pong tables, water park. Just wondering if they will get bored?

if you can get one of the eight "square" YC1 cabins, 15028/15029/15030/15031 or 16032/16033/16034/16035 which are 344 sq. ft. and sold as 3/4 berth cabins, with a double sofa bed, you should be fine.

Any of the other YC1 cabins which are sold as 3/4 berth, 280sq.ft. again with a double sofa bed. (and there are 16 of them), would be a bit on the tight side with the ages of children you have.

In the UK at least ,they sell the large YC 1 cabins to bookings with 3 or more guests and are reluctant to sell them to only 2 occupants (with whom they are in great demand), So you may be able to secure one for your party.

I wish you good fortune in your endeavour . The YC will be worth it.

There is shuffle board, table tennis, and the sports deck (for soccer, basket ball) available for the youngsters as well as the water park and if they reach the height required I should have thought they could go on the aqua slide as well. They just have to say they are nine (there isn't a gauge on them which says how old they are).

Pete

Edited by Skier52

I agree with Pete...a regular YC 1 would be extremely tight for 5. One of the square cabins would be perfect. As a family of three, we always get the larger cabin...but beware...they go very quickly as they are in high demand.

As far as your children...take it from me, the kid's program is wonderful! My 3 year old does NOT want to leave. He's in there the entire time the program is open! Your kids will love it!

If they sailing is far enough in advance and the boat is not totally full...then they allow you to do an occupancy request. I have submitted this request but not sure if it will be approved. Usually they approve it for small children 2 and under but mine are older...so we shall see.

YC2 is not available at the moment. They are completely booked. It seems like every sailing I check (that works for us)...the royal suites and YC 2 cabins are gone.

Too bad MSC is building Seaside with just two royal suites. They have a market here for these larger cabins. I'm also not understanding their concept of having larger rooms that are not in the yacht club? Seems to me that the yacht club rooms should be larger and nicer. I wish they would package the yacht club with these larger rooms...or at least have that as an option.

I have to say I travel with my bestie and on the last cruise I thought it would be great if they gave an option of 2 double beds instead of a pull out and 2 singles ..... I could care less about the sofa - I sit outside, rarely use the sofa. A large chair would be great with the doubles that could pull out as a single even. More of a hotel room option. That would be good for families also.