Port or Starboard on Sapphire Mex Riviera?

kruzmeister

From past experience, in Cabo the ship is anchored, and usually the starboard side is to town and in the shade while the port side is towards the arch and in the sun. In Mazatlan, the starboard side is to town (okay, and looking over a big port) and sunny in the afternoon. In PV the port side is towards town and overlooking a flea market while the starboard side is looking over the bay. The port side is sunnier, but the bay side has pirate ships and other action too. As we prefer shade, we generally prefer the starboard side. However, on our next Mexican Riviera cruise we are on the port side. Nancy

We just got back today from our first Mexican Riviera cruise and we had a balcony on the starboard side. The first night was nice because we could watch the sunset just after pulling out from Los Angeles. We also liked the starboard side because of the close view of Los Arcos in Cabo as we set sail toward Los Angeles and the view of the coast the rest of the afternoon. Haven't tried port side but loved starboard.

I admit I am slow with this but I need help figuring out if I am port or starboard. I am in D408. I have read both ways that even and odd numbers are port. The best I have been able to figure out is that 408 is starboard....Is this right?

I admit I am slow with this but I need help figuring out if I am port or starboard. I am in D408. I have read both ways that even and odd numbers are port. The best I have been able to figure out is that 408 is starboard....Is this right?

D408 is Port (left) side on the Sapphire Princess. You can check on the Princess website for the deck plans for each ship.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to hear from anyone who has booked on the Port side of the ship. I am interested in what you liked or didn't like about the views. I do have a balcony (D408 at the moment) and I am just wondering if anyone has any information on if one side is better than the other....I am blessed to have a balcony and I do know that no side is a bad side :)

Archived