Has anyone tried using VIP benefits on any of Carnival sister ships?

joyus

While checking on a Carnival cruise for a friend on Carnival.com I decided to check my cruise history. Found out I had more cruises with Carnival than I realized. When viewing the benefits for Pass Cruise Guests, I saw this statement:

"Eligibility to VIP privileges, offering exclusive benefits on ALL Carnival sister-brands, including Holland America, Cunard, Costa, Princess, Seabourn and Windstar. "

Well, we're taking our first cruise on Princess so I called to see if we could invoke our priviledges as indicated from the above statement. Princess says "no", because although they are sister ships, they do not have the same system. So what could such a statement mean? Has anyone tried to use their "frequent cruise privileges" on any of Carnival's sister ships?

I believe you are entitled to "past passenger discounts" but not necessarily Captain Circle discounts or entitled to have your Carnival cruises credited towards Captain Circle's program.

Most cruise lines keep their loyalty program exculsive to their own line.

I had been on 2 Carnival cruises before my first Princess cruise. I was told the same, that there weren't any privileges to be had.

It was like starting all over again.

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=8b0000&cdt=2004;6;27;23;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Conquest 4/03

Victory 12/03

Golden Princess 4/04 Golden Princess 6/04

I can verify that too from our Golden cruise in March. I searched high and low and could not find any transferrable benefits

Happy Cruising

Chris

www.LifeIsCruising.com

Next up:

Caribbean Princess 06/26/04

Star Princess 10/24/04

Diamond Princess 12/22/04

Carnival Miracle 03/13/05

Boy, was I disappointed. I though maybe we would be able to get in on the Captain's Reception on the Diamond, but that's ok. If we're like most people on this board, we'll probably get hooked on Princess after our first cruise, and keep going, and going, and going...and enjoy the benefits of being a part of the Captain's Circle!!!

Princess doesn't automatically offer Carnival "VIP" past passenger rates on their sailings, even when there is past passenger rate offered. You have to check for them - they're not as generous with them as HAL is for example.

<font face="Imprint MT Shadow" size="5" color="#FFCC00">Amber</font>

<font size="4" face="Berlin Sans FB">Cruise Resource

BiddingFun and BiddingHELP</font>

Archived