40% off Port Canaveral Parking with hotel stay

Builder31

Headed to PC on Friday for a Sat departure and was planning to stay in one of the partner hotels that offer the 40% off port parking. But how do I get the discount? Do they give you a voucher to present at the port or do you show a copy of a checkout receipt or what? Just want to make sure I don't screw up on getting the discount. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Headed to PC on Friday for a Sat departure and was planning to stay in one of the partner hotels that offer the 40% off port parking. But how do I get the discount? Do they give you a voucher to present at the port or do you show a copy of a checkout receipt or what? Just want to make sure I don't screw up on getting the discount. Thx.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

From what I understand you have to let the hotel know this is what you want to do when making reservations. I have looked on some of the hotel sites listed on the sheet and they have specific rates for that. It is usually less than $10 extra a night. And, yes they do give you a voucher to give to the port.

Have fun!

Edited by TerReuv

I use this discount frequently. Often the room rate is the same with and without the parking discount. Upon check OUT - the hotel staff will give you a voucher and an extra copy of the paid hotel receipt to give to the parking folks. Can't hurt to pre check with the hotel to make sure they have you listed with the parking promotion.

have a great cruise

enjoy

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

If using the 40% off port parking! we use the Laquita in Cocoa beach. The hotel is well priced, great staff, has a nice pool, is clean, and is a great value for the money. We've stayed in most of the hotels in port Canaveral/cocoa Beach. There are some we like a little better, like the Hampton inn, hilton, residence Inn, country inn and suites, but for the money we often go back to La Quinta. One of my least favorites is the Radisson.

Enjoy

M

So the La Quinta Oceanfront (by the pier) does offer the 40% discount voucher? I had asked on another thread and was told that they are not a part of that program.

I already have a reservation there for our cruise in April. Guess I should just call the hotel and inquire!

So the La Quinta Oceanfront (by the pier) does offer the 40% discount voucher? I had asked on another thread and was told that they are not a part of that program.

I already have a reservation there for our cruise in April. Guess I should just call the hotel and inquire!

There two La Quinta's in the area! The Cocoa Beach location (on A1A not beachside) is a 40% partner. The La Quinta Cocoa Beach Oceanfront (beachside) is not.

See map here. 40% partners are indicated in red. Other hotels are in yellow

Edited by SteerageJoe

I've got an interesting situation with this parking promotion. I've booked two rooms on Hilton Honors Points (not cash) at the hilton coco beach oceanfront. I also pre-paid for parking until I saw the 40% off offer. I called the hotel and asked if I could get a voucher even though I booked with points. They said it's the easiest 40% i'll ever save and told me I could get one at the front desk. I was actually kind of surprised but I've canceled my parking at the port and will get the voucher and pay when I arrive to parking.

My paranoid brain is hoping that the spring break sold out cruise will "sell-out" the parking lot. but, i'm guessing that's not going to happen! I hope. :)

I've got an interesting situation with this parking promotion. I've booked two rooms on Hilton Honors Points (not cash) at the hilton coco beach oceanfront. I also pre-paid for parking until I saw the 40% off offer. I called the hotel and asked if I could get a voucher even though I booked with points. They said it's the easiest 40% i'll ever save and told me I could get one at the front desk. I was actually kind of surprised but I've canceled my parking at the port and will get the voucher and pay when I arrive to parking.

My paranoid brain is hoping that the spring break sold out cruise will "sell-out" the parking lot. but, i'm guessing that's not going to happen! I hope. :)

Someone here can correct me but I have never seen a "full" sign at the ship-side lots. Remember on the day of your cruise there are hundreds of vehicles leaving the lot from the previous cruise!

You can always plan to arrive just after 10am to be one of the first vehicles "in" when the lots open!

Thanks cruisegirl1.I stayed at Country Inn before & liked it.But I flew that time.I was looking to save a little money this time & I was looking at the La Quinta but wasnt sure due to some of the reviews on travelocity.All I need is a clean room for 1 night,so La Quinta may be looking at again.I also like Hampton Inn

There two La Quinta's in the area! The Cocoa Beach location (on A1A not beachside) is a 40% partner. The La Quinta Cocoa Beach Oceanfront (beachside) is not.

See map here. 40% partners are indicated in red. Other hotels are in yellow

Just found this post. I couldn't pull up the map. Can you help me? TIA

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If using the 40% off port parking! we use the Laquita in Cocoa beach. The hotel is well priced, great staff, has a nice pool, is clean, and is a great value for the money. We've stayed in most of the hotels in port Canaveral/cocoa Beach. There are some we like a little better, like the Hampton inn, hilton, residence Inn, country inn and suites, but for the money we often go back to La Quinta. One of my least favorites is the Radisson.

Enjoy

M

So glad to hear this. Even though we are over a year out, I was also thinking about the LaQuinta. Just wanted something close by and reasonable for one night and that had free breakfast.

So glad to hear this. Even though we are over a year out, I was also thinking about the LaQuinta. Just wanted something close by and reasonable for one night and that had free breakfast.

Not sure how important "close by" is to you.

There are plenty of hotels that are a bit closer to the ships. There are those that are in Port Canaveral area ( about 5 minutes - Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Radisson, and others) then there are those in Cocoa Beach area - (about 10-12 minutes away - Hilton, Double tree , Four Points, courtyard, Hampton Inn, Laquinta and others.) We prefer the cocoa Beach areas as many of these hotels are on or across the street from the beach and are closer to a variety of dining options, drug stores, etc.

good luck

M

Edited by cruisegirl1

Not sure how important "close by" is to you.

There are plenty of hotels that are a bit closer to the ships. There are those that are in Port Canaveral area ( about 5 minutes - Residence Inn, Country Inn and Suites, Radisson, and others) then there are those in Cocoa Beach area - (about 10-12 minutes away - Hilton, Double tree , Four Points, courtyard, Hampton Inn, Laquinta and others.) We prefer the cocoa Beach areas as many of these hotels are on or across the street from the beach and are closer to a variety of dining options, drug stores, etc.

good luck

M

I saw that the LaQuinta is only about a 13 minute drive to the port and is across from the beach too. Plus it is one of the 40% off cruise port parking. The ones you listed as closer don't offer the 40% off. We can handle that short of a drive to save 40% off the parking. Especially since I just saw it will be going up an extra dollar a day shortly.

But, thank you!

I saw that the LaQuinta is only about a 13 minute drive to the port and is across from the beach too. Plus it is one of the 40% off cruise port parking. The ones you listed as closer don't offer the 40% off. We can handle that short of a drive to save 40% off the parking. Especially since I just saw it will be going up an extra dollar a day shortly.

But, thank you!

You are correct! In my opinion distance from the Port around the area is a non-issue if you have a car. There is some roadwork on A1A until mid-May and they do close lanes at times causing short backups but nothing to be concerned about.

• 3 months later...
  • 5 weeks later...