Large Balcony on Breakaway.

sandheichert

Anyone like , dislike? Booked 9116 for our first cruise.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

There are 2 things that you may not like. The first is the balcony is exposed, so people above can look down on it. The second is you over look the M6 mini suite balcony.Both of those aren't big deals.I was able to upgrade my daughter into one of these rooms for next week .I think you will like your larger balcony.

Thanks . I understand the exposed pet and being above the even bigger balconys from deck 8 bit I was hoping for a review from

Someone who actually stayed in the cabin. Being so far forward how is the movement. Of the ship? Is it really far from everything?

I haven't sailed on Breakaway but I have been in B6s on Getaway and Escape. We loved the larger balcony! We had privacy if we weren't right by the rail and even if we were at the rail I was behaving myself... The movement per se didn't bother us....but on the Escape the cabin definitely creaked and groaned from movement at times. This was not the case on Getaway. But one cruise was in September and one in January so the seas may have affected the Escape more.

I didn't find it far from things....Deck 8 has lots of things and its only one deck down, ditto 7 and 6.

On Getaway we were in 9128 and on Escape we were next door in 9126. It was probably only rough seas on Escape. And I'm a light sleeper. It didn't bother my husband. The large balcony was worth it to me. But I must say, since then I've discovered the "secret" angled BD balconies. So our next cruise we'll be in 8138. Check them out!

Thanks . I understand the exposed pet and being above the even bigger balconys from deck 8 bit I was hoping for a review from

Someone who actually stayed in the cabin. Being so far forward how is the movement. Of the ship? Is it really far from everything?

I was in a M6 mini 8122 on the Breakaway, movement was a a minimum in my cabin, great location close to the waterfront and loved being so close to the water. I have an aft balcony B1 Sunday but will certainly be checking out my daughters cabin .I am pretty sure that you will have lounge chairs on your balcony ,if not ask for them. Happy sailing

We stayed in 10712, identical but on the other side of the ship directly above your large balcony. Here's the view https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1838%20%281024x768%29.jpg

You will appreciate the extra elbow space sitting outside (well, actually - more like flying coach class these days, extra legroom to stretch out)

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1839%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1840%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/64025118/2015%20NCL%20BA/IMG20150323_1843%20%28768x1024%29.jpg

Compared to the regular "micro-sized" balcony on the *Away class ships, 2 is cozy and seating for the 3rd. person just inside the sliding door, LOL. Not a lot of space to move around and check out the size of that mini coffee/end table, not really sturdy enough for the room service tray.

As for motion, it is forward but you are relatively low on the deckplan - we had 15' waves coming back to NY and didn't bother us one bit - it was windy sitting outside and the ocean sprays do come up, sometimes - made for gentle rocking & good for sleeping, for us.

The hallway is a bit narrower than you might be accustomed to vis-a-vis the Dawn/Jewel class ("smaller") mid-sized ships in the fleet - and it's a longer walk from the FWD set of stairs & elevators - about 145 steps as counted by DW, it's good exercise but not so much for those with accessible needs. Steward's service carts in the hallways making it somewhat difficult too. Otherwise, with few pax in the area & less foot traffic - it was relatively quiet and no noises from above or below as I'm sure you've looked at the deck plans.

Happy cruising !

-On breakaway had mini-suite with large balcony --definitely enjoyed it -2 loungers -2 regular chairs & a table -nice to relax outside with a cocktail in your own private space ---x'tra bonus the cabin steward in that section was the best

• 2 months later...