This may be a dumb question...

mdaddy

I'm booked on the Triumph out of Nola on 4-30. My wife probably isn't going to be able to make it due to her mother's health right now. If she doesn't go, I'll just show up at the terminal alone, and advise them that she's a no-show. My question is, can I purchase the Cheers drink package once I board the ship? I can't buy it now, because I'll be forced to buy it for her too because she's in my stateroom. I figured I'd just wait till I board and buy it then, so I won't be forced to purchase it for her too. Will this work?

Edited by mdaddy

That's the way to do it.... there's no advantage to buying in advance, anyway!

That said...I'm sort of in awe of folks who will go on vacation without their spouse....I can't see either me or hubby doing that!

Edited by cb at sea

That said...I'm sort of in awe of folks who will go on vacation without their spouse....I can't see either me or hubby doing that!

There is a price difference effective March 1st. It's cheaper if you buy it before departure.

I am very sorry to hear your wife may not be able to cruise with you. If you

had ins. it would not be a problem. That being said I would not say a thing

about her being a no show at check in. They might make you pay a single

supp. Just tell them she will check in later and then she can be a no show

with out you paying more. HAPPY SAILING!!!

Well, it is now $5.00 per day cheaper but of course in this situation Mdaddy does not need to buy in advance. God bless your mother-in-law.

Edited by Purvis1231

Thank you all for the advice and the kind words. We still aren't sure if my wife is gonna go or not, but I know her, and there's about a 95% chance she isn't going if I had to guess. Although I've never been on vacation without her, I am in federal law enforcement, and work requires lot of travel without her. I'll take the advice from y'all and I won't say anything about her being a no-show at the terminal. I guess they'll figure it out when she's not there and we sail away. There are a lot of friends going on the cruise, so I won't be alone. I'd be lying if I said I wasn't scared that Carnival will try to charge me some ridiculous fee when she doesn't show up. I've never had this happen to me, nor have I heard of it happening. We booked Early Saver, and did not purchase the insurance. The cruise is paid for in full, and I refuse to lose that much money by not going. I guess I'll just have to sit on my balcony alone.