One Day Trip To Iguazu Falls

roberts2005

No, not guessing. I have checked the flight durations and times and have been consulting with several tour operators in S. A. Have I been there - no - but freom my research I think a one day tour of the falls would be rather busy.

Sorry if I led anyone astray.

Ron

I have been to Iguassu last Feb. They had a problem with our flight and it was delayed about 4 hours but we were able to make it up. Ron is correct in that it is about 2 hours each way.

Iguassu Falls are so magnificent that I believe that they deserve a longer time. There are over 150 cataracts which are grouped in various combinations. In order to see all or most of them you would need to spend more than a few hours. Athough for personal reasons I chose not to go to the Brazilian side even though the vistas are more incredible. Considering the fact that in order to go over necessitates what can be a lengthy wait at Customs.

My trip was for 2 days and I would have liked 3. IMVHO 1 day at the falls is enough to whet my appetite but not nearly enough to slightly satisfy it. It is a long way to go for just a tease.

Fran

I agree Franu, but when you only have one shot, one day is better than zero days. Many people will never be close to them again, and there are a lot of places on the planet that months wouldn't be enough time, but sometimes it is simply a wonderful experience even if it is too short a time. It is all in an individuals personal perspective. IMHO.:D

jc

I would look for reviews of people that might have booked this excursion with the cruiseline, by reading reviews of SA. There are several forums for posting revies, do a google search. I leave for the falls in one month, we are overnighting at the falls, but the time at the falls will only be about 1 full day. I am sure I will not see all that there is to see, still wouldn't miss it for the world.

Good luck.

BTW, anyone notice that Ron who posted earlier is now banned from the forum. That is odd. Things that make you go hmmmm...:D

BTW, my docs arrived Saturday! Woohoo!:)

jc

I have seen several sites that include the Brazillian side in recommending Y.F. immunization...somewhat unclear about the Argentine side. For one day trip what did you do or what do you suggest? I understand they cost $100.00 or more.

Thanks,

Blessings,

Gail

roberts2005,

I cannot speak from first hand knowledge but in December, 2004 my sister and brother in law were on the HAL's Amsterdam and did the excursion put on by the ship from B.A. to Iguazu Falls.

Their plane was delayed for an hour or two but they still saw a lot in the time they were there and brought back some wonderful photographs.

I agree, that if you can spend a couple of days up there it would be better - we are spending 2 nights there in January - but if there is no other option then take the trip put on by the ship. At least you will have seen these wonderful falls and will have some great memories.

Jennie

Aussie Gal:

That is the way I am looking at it. Just hoping that there are no plane delays and we have at least 4 to 6 hours of touring. The trip is supposed to include a boat ride. I would think all cruise lines use the same tour operator.

Thanks for the input

Robert

• 2 weeks later...
I have seen several sites that include the Brazillian side in recommending Y.F. immunization...somewhat unclear about the Argentine side. For one day trip what did you do or what do you suggest? I understand they cost $100.00 or more.

A yellow fever shot is not necessary if you're only going to visit Iguazu Falls.

To the OP, I agree with the sentiment that if you don't foresee ever getting a chance to visit the Falls again, then by all means go, even if you only have one day. I spent two days on my visit to Iguazu and I could easily have spent longer. But as others have pointed out, even a 6-hr visit is worthwhile.

Archived