Regent Dress Code and Cabins - What's the real deal?

I believe the reason for so many posts and opinions is the ambiguity of several words and the inconsistency of 'enforcement'.

Code is not a RULE. However, yes, the 'denim' issue is mentioned in the 'code'. No, it isn't hard to abide by that 'code'......but many travelers find it perplexing. One can go to the best restaurants around the world, wear nice (clean, designer, expensive, however you want to define them) 'jeans' and be totally welcomed. And very well dressed.

Elegant casual is another vague phrase. We are not the fashion police, nor should the bartenders or restaurant staff take on that role. We are on vacation. Frankly, I don't care what others wear. If you want to wear a tux or chinos....fine. But if you're using the words 'elegant casual', I assume that simply means to be casual and well dressed!

And, while most will not wear denim, those that do have been inconsistently (based on postings and observations here on cc) treated.

Yes, this thread, including my post (!) is becoming tedious. But I actually look forward to hearing future observations in real time. LLL, please post. And if anyone witnesses a jean clad passenger being made to walk the gang plank....please take a video for the rest of us ;-)

There is definitely a difference between a nicely cut pair of black denim trousers and a pair of washed out blue jeans and I think most people wouldn't even notice if said black denim trousers were worn with leather shoes and a smart shirt and maybe even jacket unless LLL someone other than your OH decides to run their hands along your legs 😁

I believe the reason for so many posts and opinions is the ambiguity of several words and the inconsistency of 'enforcement'.

Code is not a RULE. However, yes, the 'denim' issue is mentioned in the 'code'. No, it isn't hard to abide by that 'code'......but many travelers find it perplexing. One can go to the best restaurants around the world, wear nice (clean, designer, expensive, however you want to define them) 'jeans' and be totally welcomed. And very well dressed.

Elegant casual is another vague phrase. We are not the fashion police, nor should the bartenders or restaurant staff take on that role. We are on vacation. Frankly, I don't care what others wear. If you want to wear a tux or chinos....fine. But if you're using the words 'elegant casual', I assume that simply means to be casual and well dressed!

And, while most will not wear denim, those that do have been inconsistently (based on postings and observations here on cc) treated.

Yes, this thread, including my post (!) is becoming tedious. But I actually look forward to hearing future observations in real time. LLL, please post. And if anyone witnesses a jean clad passenger being made to walk the gang plank....please take a video for the rest of us ;-)

Bonnie, you have he most rational and common sense post on this topic. I have no intention of dressing like I'm attending a First Cabin dinner party on the Titanic. But I have no intention, nor advocate dressing like a heathen in sweats. Yes, we are on vacation and fun I shall have. I'll test the waters with my dress after a day or two of observing the mood of the enforcers of fashion. Arrggg mates, ye shall walk the plank if yer land libber bow tie spins. Hardy har harr.

Bonnie, you have he most rational and common sense post on this topic. I have no intention of dressing like I'm attending a First Cabin dinner party on the Titanic. But I have no intention, nor advocate dressing like a heathen in sweats. Yes, we are on vacation and fun I shall have. I'll test the waters with my dress after a day or two of observing the mood of the enforcers of fashion. Arrggg mates, ye shall walk the plank if yer land libber bow tie spins. Hardy har harr.

Thanks so much LLL!! Just sorry I'll miss you by a few weeks...perhaps another time! Know you'll have a great and fun cruise...and can't wait for your posts