Regent Dress Code and Cabins - What's the real deal?

Good advice Flossie, we didn't have any formal dinners but most of the men wore long sleeved shirts and smart trousers. We did know on our last cruise in September that there were a lot of suitcases that had been mislaid therefore there were people that weren't (properly) dresses for dinner. ( I felt so sorry for them)

On an off topic subject. I would be very happy if Gnomie! would give you & liptastic my e-mail address.

That's only if you are happy to do so Gnomie.

Pam.

It would be my pleasure!! If Flossie and liptastic would contact me via my link below, I will be happy to pass on Pam's email address.

gnomie :)

Edited by gnomie1
The telephone is ringing again!

So are chinos suitable for wearing in the evening and to dinner? The husband has them in all sorts of colours.

Chinos fully comply with the Regent dress code. Your husband will be fine wearing them after 6 pm and to dinner on all nights of the cruise.

Chinos fully comply with the Regent dress code. Your husband will be fine wearing them after 6 pm and to dinner on all nights of the cruise.

Thank you, I will let him know, he will be pleased :)

I've only completed 4 Regent cruises, just got back from the Atlantic crossing. I have on occasion stretched to wearing a linen jacket for dinner, but generally slacks and an open neck shirt, sometimes even a short sleeved one:)

Its not that onerous quite relaxed really. Lots like to dress up, but you will not feel out of place in chinos or such attire.

I asked a simple question about dress codes and it has started a S### storm. Look, before I get off this horse let me say my wife and I have no desire to dress and act like Mr. And Mrs. Thurston Howell III from Gilligan's Island because I'm on a Regent cruise. I get that it is an upper class, first cabin cruise and not a party Love Boat outfit. That is why I booked a Penthouse. But what I and others were simply making a point, "dress jeans" that we speak of are not faded Levis, they are not rock star jeans with custom holes in the knees. They are very expensive, soft, custom tailored denim material that make Dockers look like gym shorts, sweat pants, etc. others refer to. I have a dozen of them in my closet and they cost around $200 a pair. Those pants with a nice collard shirt and (optional) blazer, I guarantee you would put anyone with Dockers and a Polo shirt in a different game. But Geez, the comments made to "leave your jeans at home, this is a Regent cruise," etc, is a bit over the top. To paraphrase what someone just posted, "If I were to judge Regent based on these posts, I'd be turned off." Sheesh, I will go buy a $50 pair of Dockers so I can dress for success and "fit in" with the elites who think that is dressing up. But I am also going to bring a couple pair of my dreaded "dress jeans," and if they are allowed, I'm going to wear them. You can't miss me, I'll be the tall and handsome lad wearing a beautiful and COMFORTABLE pair of dark blue or black denims, a white collard shirt and blue blazer sipping a Grey Goose martini, feeling good, looking good and enjoying myself with my beautiful wife, having a blast with my best friend and her boyfriend, Living Life Large. I won't be calling my wife "Lovey" and she won't be calling me "Poopsy." So let's move on, we are all going to have a great time, a great cruise a great experience. Drinks are on me.
RachelG… why couldn't your son wear a sport coat over his khakis and shirt? That would have been much more appropriate. Khakis are khakis…no matter what the brand or the cost. No matter what age every man or boy should own a sport coat and a pair of dress

pants.

Oh my lord.........

I've had this on each of the 3 times I've sailed on Silverseas.

L-L-L you go and have the time of your life, on S-S I've asked and all who knew said Regent was MUCH better with it's dress code of casual smart and I will definitely be booking my next cruise with them

The vast majority of folks sailing with you are fun, interesting and casual people on 'holiday'.

You get, just like on this board, some folks still living in their own bubble of cruising first class just after the Korean war, who probably fought in it so that young [63] whipper snappers like me can drag the world down to the level of 'SLOBS' which by all accounts wearing a polo shirt makes me according to MrStanley.

MrStanley, oh to travel with him, surely he is on this board for the entertainment factor.

In England we have a young mans comic called Viz and reading his posts I can't help thinking of the character 'Major Misunderstanding'. :)

http://viz.co.uk/major-misunderstanding-11/

major-misunderstanding-11

Maybe it's a 'girl thing' 😀 I love taking the opportunity to dress up and my beloved will follow the dress code by wearing an open neck shirt and a pair of suit type pants and a tie if he must although I do love him in a dinner suit / tux - very James Bond!! He spends his working life in a suit and tie and whines about us girls going round in our floaty blouses 😁 so forcing him into a suit and tie every night whilst on holiday would be cruel.

Fashions have changed though and what is acceptable for the theatre or a nice restaurant on land is also changing. What am I going to do with my long dresses if I can't wear them on my cruise :confused:

Maybe it's a 'girl thing' 😀 I love taking the opportunity to dress up and my beloved will follow the dress code by wearing an open neck shirt and a pair of suit type pants and a tie if he must although I do love him in a dinner suit / tux - very James Bond!! He spends his working life in a suit and tie and whines about us girls going round in our floaty blouses 😁 so forcing him into a suit and tie every night whilst on holiday would be cruel.

Fashions have changed though and what is acceptable for the theatre or a nice restaurant on land is also changing. What am I going to do with my long dresses if I can't wear them on my cruise :confused:

You go ahead and wear them.

And good on your beloved too.

This was only an observation on my recent silversea trip but the ladies wearing pantsuits, all 2 of them, looked rather dated and a bit out of place. Just my opinion, as if I have a clue on fashions.

Also, just my opinion, ladies generally look good in whatever they wear :)

Ok on the evening dress jeans not allowed. So Dockers or similar pants are acceptable? After years of suit and tie being my daily wear before retirement, I loath the thought. I retired at 54 and haven't worn anything such since, I don't mind a sports coat and a tie if I really have to, but I traded my dress slacks for very nice, custom tailored denims (not jeans). However, I will go with the flow and force myself to buy some Dockers if that works. Thank you all for your help, rock on.

We cruised in AK a couple of years ago. You will need non denim pants for dinner, dockers and a polo shirt will work just fine, at least they did for me. The idea of a sport coat on top for warmth is probably a good idea. They tend to be a bit more lax about being in jeans other than in the dinning room because of port times in AK. A lot of time you are not back on board until well after 6:00 p.m. and you will naturally be in jeans as you make your way back to your suite. Just don't wander the ship after 6:00 in denim.

Edited by zqvol

While the ship is in port at least on other luxury lines and also overnights with people coming and going and perhaps the ship leaves at 0100 I would think that would be an exception and also the night before debarkation when you want to wear what you will travel home in. Late tours coming back should not be forced to change when they are tired and hungry and be corralled back to their suite to change. Ridiculous.

I am on the Mariner now and have been for the last 16 days. I can assure you that wearing designer jeans with open neck long sleeve shirt with or without jacket you will be smarter than 90% of the passengers on board.

I am on the Mariner now and have been for the last 16 days. I can assure you that wearing designer jeans with open neck long sleeve shirt with or without jacket you will be smarter than 90% of the passengers on board.

But will you be exiled from the dining room???

Thank you for your live observation and Regent has not thrown anyone off. Good dress jeans with the proper shirt or blouse can look very nice and sharp. That being said, people who wear other clothing can look much worse.

Face it times are changing and you are not going to stop it.

But will you be exiled from the dining room???

Our friends were on the Voyager and wore smart black jeans with a collared shirt were not exiled from the dining venues. I think it is only a few people on here that make this a big issue.

Oh my word, I would never have thought that would be the case on a 6* ship!

Our friends were on the Voyager and wore smart black jeans with a collared shirt were not exiled from the dining venues. I think it is only a few people on here that make this a big issue.

Glad I'm not expected to dress like I'm at a dinner party on the Titanic! Thanks for the update.

Designer jeans with collared long-sleeve shirt certainly sounds a lot smarter, and more in line with the description elegant casual, than the polo shirt/chinos combo :);)

Just my opinion of course.................and not wanting to add fuel to the flames :rolleyes:

Now you are talking! Casual elegance is what I'm taking about and I agree, Dockers and a Polo ain't elegant, but it is casual. So looking forward to Alaska and the Regent experience. Already eyeing a Northern European cruise with them if this all works out. Thanks for the update!

OMG! We are going to have a good time; not be fashion critics. Get a life & stop worrying what everyone is wearing. The movie stars usually wear jeans & a sport coat when they are on talk shows. We have been on multi Regent Cruises to Europe, Russia, the Black Sea. My husband does not wear jeans at night. He hung the tux up a few yrs. back! If we brought the wardrobe some have suggested; we'd need a steamer trunk. He will bring a suit & a sport jacket. Me, I don't know yet. I just think it is so petty & borderline rude to judge what others wear, as long as the dress code is met.[emoji27][emoji572]️[emoji568][emoji322]