What night do you suggest for Ocean Liners?

Joe_Antonelli

We're taking the 9 night holiday sailing on the Constellation. I've been checking out the main dining room menus - and they all look like heaven! Which night would you suggest booking Ocean Liners?

BTW - anyone have a menu they can post for Ocean Liners?

Thanks.

Joe

We like to go to Ocean Liners on the informal nights - we're already dressed appropriately and also don't miss the special feel of formal night in the main dining room.

FLJudi

Constellation British Isles/Norwegian Fjords
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;07;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img]

Hi Joe,
We enjoyed the Ocean Liner on the Constellation as well as the Olympic Restaurant on the Millennium on one of the informal nights.
The menu as far as I can remember is the same for both of the ships (and I believe for Summit and Infinity as well).
I do have a copy of the menu for the Olympic, from our last cruise in March/April 2004.
This is just a paper copy and not the nice menu that they present to you in the restaurant, but the contents are the same.
I do not know how to post this on the board (if you have suggestions please let me know) but if you want I can scan the menu and send it to your email address as a 'JPG file'.
Wes

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by wieslaw:
Hi Joe,
We enjoyed the Ocean Liner on the Constellation as well as the Olympic Restaurant on the Millennium on one of the informal nights.
The menu as far as I can remember is the same for both of the ships (and I believe for Summit and Infinity as well).
I do have a copy of the menu for the Olympic, from our last cruise in March/April 2004.
This is just a paper copy and not the nice menu that they present to you in the restaurant, but the contents are the same.
I do not know how to post this on the board (if you have suggestions please let me know) but if you want I can scan the menu and send it to your email address as a 'JPG file'.
Wes<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I would be more than happy to post it on my site. I know it is for the Century but I am always willing to place other Celebrity food information on the site.

Neal
(thecaptain@celebrity-century.com)

[url="http://www.celebrity-century.com"]www.celebrity-century.com[/url]

I think the night we've found is "missable" in the main dining room is any night there is open seating... usually nights that the ship leaves port past dinnertime. Trade off is that you'd be not eating dinner on shore locally... but that just our opinion. [img]http://messages.cruisecritic.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif[/img]

Hi Joe,
I like to go to specialty restaurants on out to sea days. It seems to me to be something special for a totally relaxing day. Where did you get the menus for your trip? I am going on the Constellation, but a 7 day in December and I would love to see the menus, if available. That way, if I find that I could see what night is best to go to Ocean Liners. I have heard that the menus are changing, so I might have to go back to the out to sea day. Thanks for you help.

Katie

Hi Joe,
I went to the site according to the link that was provided and did not find any menu from the specialty restaurants.......perhaps it is there but I could not find it.
I did scan the menu from Olympic and did email the files to Neal (nealberk)....perhaps he will post them on his website and let you/us know when it is ready.
Wes

Hi,
I have a copy of Ocean Liners but I don't know how to attach a link. I got it in an email from someone on cruise critic. If anyone wants to email me, I will send it. It's a bit different from the specialty restaurants on other ships, but it sound great. The wonderful lady that sent it to me, has a few comments. (Thanks Pam.) My email is [email]Katiel53@cfl.rr.com[/email].

Ocean Liners is like a 5 star restaurant in a sophisticated city. We saw no one without a jacket, and I think all wore ties as well. This is an occasion to dress up for.

FLJudi

Constellation British Isles/Norwegian Fjords
[img]http://escati.linkopp.net/cgi-bin/countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00ff00&cdt=2004;07;17;17;00;00&timezone=GMT+0000[/img]

Hi!

When we took the Constellation last year, we ended up in Ocean Liners on three nights! You want to be in the main dining room for formal nights, so an informal or casual night may be best. We had an evening in the Dominican Republic that really didn't have anything going that interested us, so that's the night we chose first. The place wasn't crowded, and the food was amazing! If Sam and Ali are still there, they will make it the nicest dinner you've ever had!

Relax, have fun and most of all, don't miss either the goat cheese or chocolate souflee!

NJ Cruisers - small world! My son lives very near you in Randolph. It's wonderful how this board brings folks together. And thanks for your input...that goes for everyone who responded.

Joe
(originally from Brooklyn - now retired and living in Staten Island)

"I would be more than happy to post it on my site. I know it is for the Century but I am always willing to place other Celebrity food information on the site."

Neal
(thecaptain@celebrity-century.com)"

Hi Neal, I have emailed to you 4 pages (jpeg files) of the Olympic menu, few days ago. Did You get them ?
And did you post them?

Wes

Archived