I Pad and watch

Merly

I am sailing on the Indy TA on 1st May. Stops are San Juan, St Maartin and Bahamas. I am also going to be spending 5 weeks in the US before we board. I will be in Las Vegas then travelling through the southern states ending up in Florida. Whilst on this trip I want to buy myself a new IPad and a watch. ( something like Fossil). Could you please advise on the best place to make my purchases. If in the US, any particular store?

Thank you in advance.

I thought the title was a statement that you pad and watch. Not sure what you are padding and watching, but it sounds interesting. :p

Anyway, I buy all my watches in St. Maarten. Almost every store sells the exact same thing in regards to certain brands. So, I always make a stop in about half a dozen or so stores and get prices. They will almost always try to beat each other prices. Though, when you find a really good deal sometimes it can't be beat. This was the case with my last watch purchase. The first store I went to gave me the best price which other stores said the store selling for such a low price had to be losing money. Losing money or not, that's for the seller to deal with. I'll take it! :D

I am sailing on the Indy TA on 1st May. Stops are San Juan, St Maartin and Bahamas. I am also going to be spending 5 weeks in the US before we board. I will be in Las Vegas then travelling through the southern states ending up in Florida. Whilst on this trip I want to buy myself a new IPad and a watch. ( something like Fossil). Could you please advise on the best place to make my purchases. If in the US, any particular store?

Thank you in advance.

Take a side trip to Minnesota and go the the Mall of America in the Twin Cities.:D There you'll find an Apple Store as well as a Fossil store and most anything else you could possibly want or need. If that's not possible... if you know the US zip code for the places you'll be visiting you can go to Apple dot come slash Retail and put in the zip code to find the closest Apple store.

Many major shopping malls in major American cities have Apple stores and/or Fossil stores.

Thank you in advance.

In either Vegas or Fort Lauderdale/Miami (probably Vegas) I would investigate 3 options--

1. Apple store will have all you want but be the most expensive but real goods and they help get everything set up

2. Best buy store -- go online and check for sales (bestbuy.com)--right now they are discounting apple $200

3. Go online with Apple and look for a refurbished (by the Apple factory) iPad and watch-- I know they have iPad not sure about watches-- they can ship what you want to the Apple store in Vegas or Florida and you can pick it up and get everything setup when you get there

Hope this helps-- good luck

You can find iPads at Apple stores and electronic stores, Target, WalMart, etc. iPad's bought here will only have power cord for US outlets, check for compatibility if you return to England.

There are many, many places to buy watches in Las Vegas. There are even Fossil stores that you could purchase direct from. A department store like Macy's will have a range of different watches for you to look at.

So, based on these responses, I'm not sure if you are looking for anywhere you can find watches. Or, you are looking for the best deals. St. Maarten prices in my experience are 25%-75% cheaper than anywhere stateside or on the ship (my last Citizen watch was about $200 cheaper in St. Maarten than on the ship and that was about $100 cheaper than stateside - exact same watch). And, yes, they are authorized dealers with authentic products.

So, yes, you can find watches anywhere, but St. Maarten will most likely be your best bet for low prices. And, as long as they are an authorized dealer (again, most are) if you have any issues you can send it back to the manufacturer without dealing with seller in St. Maarten. Vegas has a lot of everything and in general at the higher end of the price point (there are exceptions of course).

Edited by lv2bcruzin

You should buy your ipad on line from Apple store before you leave for this long trip then you could down load all the travel apps that are so useful. Maps, Restaurants places to see things to do.

Track your travel etc. It will be very useful.

For the watch, I can recommend a Fossil outlet store. Ours here on the west coast of FL always have great prices and a huge selection (out outlet is Prime Outlets in Ellenton, but there are other locations if you google Prime Outlets). They have really nice selection of bags there as well.

For the watch, I can recommend a Fossil outlet store. Ours here on the west coast of FL always have great prices and a huge selection (out outlet is Prime Outlets in Ellenton, but there are other locations if you google Prime Outlets). They have really nice selection of bags there as well.

I was going to say this too. Ellenton south of Tampa has a Fossil store. There are probably some outlets near FLL that have them too. Google outlet malls in the Florida cities you'll be near, find the websits for them and see if they have a Fossil store. I don't buy Fossil watches, but have been in the stores and they seem to have HUNDREDS of different models.

Edited by bouhunter