When are FTTF/Shore Excursions Usually Available to Book? | Carnival Miracle

When in Jan we sail jan 22 also no excursions posted

We will be on the Jan 1 cruise. I was hoping to do something for New Years Eve but cannot get Dec 30th off of work so I choose the next best option which is to be in Galveston on Dec 31, unfortunately they don't do fireworks to bring in the New Year. :(....I have tried to convince hubby to go on a slightly later cruise (within January) but now he is excited to be elsewhere instead of home in British Columbia for New Years. It would be a nice change for us anyways as we don't go out on New Years Eve (we have a soon to be 14yr old on our hands)..lol

I am wondering if everyone that is not have excursions showing up are going to be stopping at Cozumel? They are adding excursions for Cozumel and maybe they at waiting to have that set up before they add excursions? The last four we went on had excursions listed way ahead of time.

From what I hear the FTTF's are put on sale depending on how many diamond and platinum members are going to be on the ship.

I am wondering if everyone that is not have excursions showing up are going to be stopping at Cozumel? They are adding excursions for Cozumel and maybe they at waiting to have that set up before they add excursions? The last four we went on had excursions listed way ahead of time.

From what I hear the FTTF's are put on sale depending on how many diamond and platinum members are going to be on the ship.

First stop is Cozumel, so that could be the case.

We have stops in Amber Cove, San Juan, Grand Turk and St. Thomas.

These same questions were being posted about this time last year. I booked in April 2015 for our August 2016 Miracle cruise, and FTTF became available in late June 2015, after Carnival posted other excursions. I checked daily. From what I read here on CC, ours was one of the first FTTFs released, and then others were made available for other ships a short time (days?) later.

Last April we booked our Dream cruise that we took this last February. For most of the summer, they only had 20-25 excursions listed, and a few FTTF. Starting around late September more excursions trickled in, and by December they were all listed. As I said before, FTTF is pretty much hit-or-miss. Just have to keep checking.....

• 1 month later...

Wanted to let everyone on this thread know that I checked today and my Shore Excursions were up for our cruise next October (2017). FTTF was available too! So we are over a year out and all the excursions are there!

I snagged my FTTF, hope everyone else does!

We are sailing in Feb, 2017 and I checked yesterday and nothing was there. Went back to check today and FTTF was there but was already sold out. I'm really aggravated as I have been checking every day for weeks now. I can't believe it sold out that quick. I'm hoping more will open up.

Our Freedom cruise is also in February. I did my daily check yesterday to see if Carnival had put up any excursions yet. Was happy to discover FTTF was up . Grabbed that quickly. There are normally more FTTF posted a few weeks after final payment is due, as Carnival makes adjustments to the priority boarding list. Took me months to get FTTF for my last cruise....

Edited by Raxter54

I'm sailing on the Miracle on January 29th. I checked yesterday and FTTF was available! There were 27 passes left, but I kinda wonder if another window will open later on when they know how many other priority cruisers there are. Anyway, I jumped on it, haven't done it before so I'm excited.

So, if you are sailing in February I would start keeping an eye on it everyday starting now. I imagine it's different for every cruise though.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
We are sailing in Feb, 2017 and I checked yesterday and nothing was there. Went back to check today and FTTF was there but was already sold out. I'm really aggravated as I have been checking every day for weeks now. I can't believe it sold out that quick. I'm hoping more will open up.

There is hope, the FTTF was sold out when we booked our cruise 7 months out.

One day checking low & behold it was available. For us was around 56-50 days out in cruise countdown. You only need one FTTF FOR CABIN- not per person.

For your son with special needs- perhaps you can call & get " handicap boarding" no idea if they are considered same thing.