POA post drydock

dexddd

We had prepaid DSC, locked in at the lower rate (12.50 USD) and there was no separate line item for that, we were told it was lumped in with the one day credit. Our TA was onboard in a Family suite - 7 of them - and she said some of them had it shown separate and some together with the one day credit.

Figuring out the 50% credit is tricky especially for those of us who paid in CDN. I understand that there is some kind of fee included in the base fare that we do not see, and understand that amount will be deducted from our base fare, along with the one day credit, and then we will get 50% of the resulting 10-day fare. Is that your understanding?

At this point I have taken the one day credit (USD), deducted 12.50, multiplied the result by 10 for the 10-day amount. 50% of that x 1.19 CDN exchange rate that NCL used. We will see if NCL comes to the same result :p

I did the same by taking the 1 day credit, backed off the prepaid DSC and multiplied by 11 since it was an 11 day trip that we paid for. I then compared to what we paid for the base fare and the NCL # is higher. So I then factored in what we paid for the fees and then the NCL # was lower. I don't have any further break down on the fees but to match the NCL # I had to take the fees and back off $49.92 per person to match.

Whether that is the actual number tied to our Latitudes account, I'd have to contact them to confirm as the guy on the ship couldn't tell me when I asked him so we are basing it solely on the 1 day credit less the included DSC.

I interpreted the future credit to be based on what we originally paid. Doing it on a 10 day basis I can get close as well but to get to match exactly I still have a number that I can't account for. I can see where it could be based on 10 days since they already refunded one of the days on the ship but I also interpreted that as OBC as a gesture of goodwill to spend on board (or refunded if you didn't spend it).

Edited by dexddd

We have ready book South America again. They gave us 50% off the POA minus the taxes and fees. It was a nice savings. We are all booked for next March, and got a great rate. It has been turned over to a TA with an excellent OBC. No complaints about that at all.

Edited by Merriem

I did the same by taking the 1 day credit, backed off the prepaid DSC and multiplied by 11 since it was an 11 day trip that we paid for. I then compared to what we paid for the base fare and the NCL # is higher. So I then factored in what we paid for the fees and then the NCL # was lower. I don't have any further break down on the fees but to match the NCL # I had to take the fees and back off $49.92 per person to match.

Whether that is the actual number tied to our Latitudes account, I'd have to contact them to confirm as the guy on the ship couldn't tell me when I asked him so we are basing it solely on the 1 day credit less the included DSC.

I interpreted the future credit to be based on what we originally paid. Doing it on a 10 day basis I can get close as well but to get to match exactly I still have a number that I can't account for. I can see where it could be based on 10 days since they already refunded one of the days on the ship but I also interpreted that as OBC as a gesture of goodwill to spend on board (or refunded if you didn't spend it).

I figured out how they calculated my onboard credit.

They used 1/11th of my cruise fare and 1/11th of the prepaid DSC (both in CDN$) and then converted to US$ using NCLs current exchange rate which is not the same as the exchange rate that was used when I booked and paid, the difference being in NCL's favour, but I am not wasting my time fighting them over it. I am more than happy with the compensation (I think, depending on the terms and conditions:o).

My TA was given info by phone re the 50% credit but we are waiting for something in writing as the NCL agents seem to have different opinions on the terms and conditions.

We have ready book South America again. They gave us 50% off the POA minus the taxes and fees. It was a nice savings. We are all booked for next March, and got a great rate. It has been turned over to a TA with an excellent OBC. No complaints about that at all.

Thanks for the update. Have a nice trip.