Nieuw Amsterdam Feb 28- March 6 Our take on HAL's recent changes

sprockie

Thanks for posting a balanced review, glad you enjoyed the Tropical itinerary on NA as we did on the January sailing.

It is refreshing to see someone return with a positive view of the changes rather than assert that every change is somehow a cutback.

We like HAL a lot. We also like Celebrity. I just really think HAL is doing a great job and is making changes in the right direction to attract a younger crowd (like us:D). We liked HAL before, but with the recent changes (cost saving or not), they are becoming even more in line with our ideal cruise experience.

I chuckled at the front desk one day when a lady beside was complaining about everything imaginable and actually said "well, it's not all bad, there are a few good things" and I thought to myself "are we on the same cruise?". I heard another lady say "I haven't had a decent meal since I got on board". Some people think their life's work is to complain and find fault. I guess it makes them feel better somehow.

Edited by sprockie

We like HAL a lot. We also like Celebrity. I just really think HAL is doing a great job and is making changes in the right direction to attract a younger crowd (like us:D). We liked HAL before, but with the recent changes (cost saving or not), they are becoming even more in line with our ideal cruise experience.

I chuckled at the front desk one day when a lady beside was complaining about everything imaginable and actually said "well, it's not all bad, there are a few good things" and I thought to myself "are we on the same cruise?". I heard another lady say "I haven't had a decent meal since I got on board". Some people think their life's work is to complain and find fault. I guess it makes them feel better somehow.

It's funny , I said to my wife when I read this board it feels like there are all these people committed to HAL but then seem to only complain about the line.

Maybe these people are hoping to receive comps by complaining at the desk?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk

Thank you for that informative review. Was a bit surprised to hear about the change in type of music considering the usual age range on HAL. Do you think the age demographic was younger than usual?

No, I think it was the usual demographic. However, during the HAL shows we noticed a lot of older seniors leaving during the performance.